We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Help in making a Hotel Decision!

New York
Level Contributor
23 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Need Help in making a Hotel Decision!

I have spent many, many hours looking for a hotel. I'm down to the following hotels....

Sheraton Princess Kauilani

ResortQuest Circle Hotel

ResortQuest Waikiki Beachside

Aqua Wakiki Wave

444 Nahua - Condo

Aqua Coconut Plaza

I'd like to spend $130 or less per night and with all the discount hotel internet sites, these hotels are all within the budget.

Questions:

If I'm several blocks from the beach, are their chairs and umbrellas to rent? If so, about how much are rentals?

Do you have another hotel I really should consider?

Should I buy snorkeling gear before I go to Hawaii or rent as needed? We're going to 2 other islands too.

Looking forward to your thought and suggestions!!!!

Judy

Tacoma, Washington
Level Contributor
395 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Need Help in making a Hotel Decision!

Not sure when you are taking your trip but we are staying at the Coconut Plaza in about 3 weeks, I will be sure and post how it was, hopefully it will be a help to you.

NE Iowa
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Need Help in making a Hotel Decision!

We renewed our wedding vows at Makapu Beach in April and stayed at the Waikiki Wave. We stayed there 5 years ago when it was the Aston Coral Reef. It was very tired then but comfortable. The hotel was renovated the winter of '06/'07. New pain, new furniture and a great staff. It is a five minute walk to Waikiki Beach. Next to the International Market Place. Close to many restaurants and shopping. Bus stop across the street.

There are some drawbacks. Parking is tight and $13 a night. Over flow parking right next door and I think cheaper. Swimming pool is nothing to brag about but we didn't go to Hawaii to swim in a pool. The hotel is on Kuhio Avenue. There is quit alot of night life there. It can get very noisy far into the night. My suggestion would be to get a room on the upper levels toward the rear/Dukes Alley corner of the hotel.

Our stay was very enjoyable and when (not if) we go back we will stay there. In April we stayed there for about 75 a night. Check the reviews. It is rated very high.

13. Re: Need Help in making a Hotel Decision!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 04:19