We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Tours

Ennis MT
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Ennis
Level Contributor
2,947 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Island Tours

We will be flying from Kauai to Honolulu to get our flight back to Montana - after our first trip to Hawaii (in a couple months).

We will get to HNL about 2PM and our flight out doesn't leave until 10:30PM.

I'd appreciate any suggestions re: tours of the island. Not especially interested in shopping or beaches at that point - just sightseeing.

Oahu Private Tours
Eco Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Escape Waikiki Tours
Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
Royal Star Hawaii Deluxe Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Bus Tours, Private Tours
Private Tours Hawaii
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours
NE Iowa
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Tours

I would think any kind of a meaningful tour would be out of the question. You will have to be back at HNL by 8:30 or 9 to check in for your flight. Maybe a trip to Waikiki and have a nice meal. It will take time to get anyplace so you will have to take that into consideration. The Arizona Memorial wouldn't be too far away but I think the tours end in mid afternoon.

I think it is just too short of a time to actually do much.

albany, n.y.
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Tours

Try arranging for a taxi tour. You can get a tour for about %35.00 per hour. You might be able to see Diamond head and a city tour in about 4 hours.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
900 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Tours

I think that renting a car would be too much of a hassle for the amount of time you have.

You could do a taxi tour, or you could just cab into Waikiki, do some shopping, have dinner, and head back to the airport.

Unfortunately you are missing out on a lot of amazing things in Oahu, but you'll have stuff to do on your next trip.

4. Re: Island Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 02:21