We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort Quest Wakiki Beach Tower

WestMichigan
3 posts
Save Topic
Resort Quest Wakiki Beach Tower

I will be vacationing in Hawaii the first week in Feb 08 and have been reading some crazy reviews about this hotel/condo. I have three kids and my husband traveling and now I'm a littlt afraid I'm going to be living in poverty on my vacation(reviews I've read don't sound promising). If anyone has visited this hotel recently can give a review of what I should expect would be appreciated.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resort Quest Wakiki Beach Tower

The waikiki beach tower gets alot of misplaced reviews for the resortquest waikiki beach hotel, they are different. If the reviews talks about Tikis or the free breakfast it is for the Hotel, not the tower. The Tower would feature good location, very large suites and really top service.

Royal Oak, MI
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resort Quest Wakiki Beach Tower

If you and your family, are going to the RQWaikiki Beach Tower and not the hotel.. I too would love a honest review of the place.

I am in the same boat as you are.. except that our trip isn't until the first week of May. My husband and I are taking are three (grown) kids. All in their twenties.

The reviews are all over the place. I think that part of the difference is IF you get one of the newly refurbished rooms or not. I don't know where they are percentage wise in getting all of the condos totally revamped.

My travel agent recommended the RQWaikiki Beach Tower, I do trust her.. so I am not changing our accomodations.

Have a wonderful trip, I know how exciting it is to be planning and waiting for your trip date to get here! However, we all spend soo much money for these trips, we hate for anything to ruin them.

Look forward to reading your review when you get back. I will do the same, once I return.

Jan C.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resort Quest Wakiki Beach Tower

You made a great choice. You will not regret nor have problems with the ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Tower Condo/Hotel. Don't get this mix up with the ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Hotel further down Kalakaua Avenue towards the Honolulu Zoo that has the Tiki Bar & Grill. There is no comparision in regards to guest services, all rooms at the Waikiki Beach Tower has ocean view and you are closer to the IMP (International Market Place). Besides golfing with a board member, I had the chance of visiting the Beach Tower with another friend who was staying there before Christmas and the two bedrooms still looked the same like it did when it open some years back, with a wonderful view of the Pacific Ocean. Hope this helps .....

"Live Aloha"

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,820 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Resort Quest Wakiki Beach Tower

You'll be happy with the condo.

Its right across the street from the beach in an area where there are no hotels on the beach side of the street. So if you got a room with an ocean view it will be really nice.

it is right across from Kuhio Hula Mound where they have nightly hula shows. Also near Duke's statue.

Lots of info:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k647862…

WestMichigan
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Resort Quest Wakiki Beach Tower

Thank you all for the replies, they were helpful. I'm hopeful now it will all turn out great. I'm looking forward to the trip and will post my review on my return.Aloha!!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
628 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resort Quest Wakiki Beach Tower

We stayed there 2 years ago and loved it. yes, it was dated but we didn't care. It was clean and the location was the best - excellent for families! We are going back to Hawaii this March and will probably have to stay at the Sunset for budget reasons. But the Beach Tower would be our first choice for sure.

As another posted said, a lot of the reviewers are posting reviews of the Hotel, not the Tower - totally different properties.

Relax, you'll LOVE it!

Mel

Cochrane, Canada
Level Contributor
198 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resort Quest Wakiki Beach Tower

Hey Mommie3, I just got back last week from the Resortquest Waikiki Beach Tower. You will not be disapointed I promise! It is a beautiful place and perfect for a family. The suites are huge and well laid out. The service is fantastick. I have nothing bad at all to say about this place. I took some pics of the room, I will put a review up right now so you can see what it looks like. I hope this helps and have a wonderfull vacation in Hawaii, I know I did!

8. Re: Resort Quest Wakiki Beach Tower

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 19:16