We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger Waikiki, which side for city view?

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,901 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Outrigger Waikiki, which side for city view?

Hello, i'm getting ready to book 3 nights at the OutriggerWaikiki. After reading a bunch of reviews i noticed much was said about the fan at the Cheesecake Factory, I don't want to hear it, but it seems that the City View rooms on that side may have a nicer view than the Diamond Head side.

We only want to pay for a city view since we will have a full week in Kauai with a full ocean view after we leave Waikiki.

Also anything else to request in regards to room placement at the Outrigger Waikiki?

Mentioned in this post
The Cheesecake Factory
The Cheesecake Factory
11,021 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outrigger Waikiki, which side for city view?

you will have no choice for better placement of rooms in regards to city or Diamond Head View. The Moana Surfrider you can see in on the

DH side and on the Cheesefactory side, the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center and Royal Hawaiian Tower is your view. Maybe, if you on the Kalakaua or Mauka side of the hotel, you get to see Kalakaua AVenue.

To enjoy a view, I believe to say, it is either ocean front or partial ocean view.

"Live Aloha"

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
208 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outrigger Waikiki, which side for city view?

We are staying at the Outrigger Waikiki next month in an ocean-view room. Is it possible to request certain sides of the hotel or not? From what I've heard facing Diamond Head (and not the cheesecake factory) is preferable. Is it worthwhile even asking for? Would the front desk try to accomodate?

santa cruz
Level Contributor
2,901 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outrigger Waikiki, which side for city view?

I booked yesterday and asked for the Diamond Head side. The booking agent was very nice and helpful. She said that the Cheesecake Factory makes a lot of noise. I'm not worried about haveing an ocean view, we'll have that in Kauai.

Mentioned in this post
The Cheesecake Factory
The Cheesecake Factory
11,021 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
NorCal
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Outrigger Waikiki, which side for city view?

Chris1212,

Yes it is possible to request the DH side of the hotel ....if you booked with the Hotel itself call them and have the request attached to your reservation...they are happy to accomidate if possible....also a good thing to do is fax or email the Conceirge at the hotel and put in your requests also...they are very helpful and try to make your stay one you will remember....it is a shame the CCF cant do something about that fan.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
208 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outrigger Waikiki, which side for city view?

Thanks!! I will definitely try calling and putting this request onto our reservation!

6. Re: Outrigger Waikiki, which side for city view?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 10:22