We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help and suggestions

Level Contributor
192 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary help and suggestions

Hi Everyone - Our family (kids 9&11)will be staying in Waikiki for 11 days this March and I wanted to get some feedback on the plans we've made so far. I'm trying to balance beach/relaxation time with sightseeing and activities. We'll rent a car for a few days each week so I lumped distant activities together. Evenings will be spent eating, shopping and maybe catching a few shows. Is there anything you would remove or add? We are an active family of 4- Thanks, Pat

1. Arrive in time for Happy Hour and exploring Waikiki nightlife

2. Waikiki Beach day, maybe surfing lessons for the kids

3. North Shore- explore, eat and wander day - Haleiwa, shrimp trucks, shaved ice, waimea bay

4. Pearl Harbor, Swap Meet, Ko Olina lagoons

5. Waikiki Beach day and catamaran sunset cruise (need suggestions on which outfit to pick)

6. Hike Diamond Head and switch hotels (HHV to Embassy stes. Watch the fireworks show

7. Hanuma Bay, Halona Blow Hole, Lanikai Beach (is this where we can whalewatch?)

8. North Shore Day - shopping, maybe sharks cove, turtle beach, more shrimp and shaved ice? Dole Pineapple whip on the way home.

9. Moku-lua islands and a guided kayaking tour

10. Waikiki Beach Day (husband may do the shark cage thing)

11. Captain Bob's Adventure Cruise

12. "Black Thursday" - Pack, enjoy a final walk on the beach and head back to snowy Colorado

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,860 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary help and suggestions

Add Polynesian cultural Center

Don't know if I would do both 9 & 11

Lots of info:

Lagrangeville, NY
Level Contributor
2,936 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary help and suggestions

In March the waves at North Shore could still be big so be aware that you might not be going into the water at North Shore beaches (i.e. Waimea Bay, Sharks Cove, etc.) Waimea Bay is very scenic even if the waves are too big to go in the water. My husband and I have seen whales from there; the whales are a bit far, so bring binoculars.

Level Contributor
192 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary help and suggestions

Thanks for the feedback, I completely forgot that the waves will still be huge on the north shore beaches. I think I am going to cancel the Kayaking and add the PCC - Do you think the kids will like the PCC? Is it interactive with things for them to do and participate in?

Level Contributor
361 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary help and suggestions

Yes there are lots of things the kids can do at PCC. If you wander around the different villages, there is always something going on.

My children threw spears, and made baskets and loved all the activities. And the night show is brilliant. It is an expensive day out but worth it.

Your itinerary sounds great. (I am jealous) :)

5. Re: Itinerary help and suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 00:17