We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the best places to eat in waikiki both cheap and...

Goodyear, Arizona
Level Contributor
993 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
What are the best places to eat in waikiki both cheap and...

I'll be staying at the HHV in November and would like to know of good places to eat and drink for a decent price. I know about Dukes, Top of the world, chessecake factory, and morton's steakhouse. But I would like to know about other good eatries.

Thanks!

Michigan
Level Contributor
6 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are the best places to eat in waikiki both cheap and...

In my opinion, the best restaurant on Oahu is Alan Wong's on King Street. Also excellent is Bali By The Sea, right there in the Hilton Hawaiian Village where you will be staying.

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Alan Wong's Restaurant
Alan Wong's Restaurant
1,542 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Cascade, Iowa
Level Contributor
426 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are the best places to eat in waikiki both cheap and...

Depending on what you like to eat, we really enjoyed our dinner Cheeseburger in Paradise. Obviously, it is a casual place, but the burgers were great, and we had a very good waiter. There were four of us, we all had full meals, and several drinks each, and I think our total bill was about $75.

Mentioned in this post
Cheeseburger In Paradise
Cheeseburger In Paradise
3,068 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What are the best places to eat in waikiki both cheap and...

Having just gotten back from Oahu, I would say that the best place to eat pricewise and quality, is the Wailana Coffee Shop, on the corner of Ala Moana and Kalakua. You will not find as good a meal for the money anyplace else in Waikiki. Additionally, they have the GREATEST coffee ever tasted. The brand is Douwe Egbert. When I got home, I investigated this brand in order to get some for myself. I discovered it was produced by Sara Lee. I should have figured.

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Wailana Coffee House
Wailana Coffee House
1,894 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,753 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Orange County, Ca
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What are the best places to eat in waikiki both cheap and...

There are also 2 places located directly above Duke's that get my praise...

Chuck's Steakhouse - A little pricey, but well worth the extra money for a steak. Have a chi-chi for me (really good drink) and visit bartender Bob (enjoyable to watch him bartend).

Hula Grill - In the same family as Duke's, just a step above Duke's and a little pricier. Duke's salad bar is the BEST though (comes with your meal) so that is a MUST : )

Mentioned in this post
Chuck's Steak House
Chuck's Steak House
692 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What are the best places to eat in waikiki both cheap and...

Definately Alan Wongs, but make sure you book online through their website before you go.

La Mer at the Halekulani is fantastic, 5 star, try to book table by the window at sunset for great romantic dinner

Chart House has good pupus

Lulus is okay, somethings better than others, the clams were great

Went to a cheap place for breakfast on Kuhio - Sukiyakis I think next to Sun.......somthing cafe, food good, quick and cheap

Hope this helps

Mentioned in this post
Alan Wong's Restaurant
Alan Wong's Restaurant
1,542 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Halekulani Hotel
Halekulani Hotel
2,718 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Chart House
Chart House
916 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Kuhio Beach
Kuhio Beach
496 Reviews
Oahu, HI
LA/OC
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What are the best places to eat in waikiki both cheap and...

For cheap eats (& good tasty food)...

Grace's Inn, Zippy's, Ono Hawaiian Foods, L & L Drive-In, Rainbow Drive-In, Lappert's Ice Cream, Dave's Ice Cream, Patti's Chinses Kitchen, Kailua BBQ & Okazuya, Bali Indonesia, Zaffron Indian, 12th Ave. Grill, Sugoi Bento, Gina's BBQ, Eggs 'n Things, Chiyo's, Krung Thai, Well Bento, Pho 97, Super Pho, Pho Minh, Chez Sovan, Irifune, Mr. Frypan, Karen's Kitchen, Ted's Bigger Burgers, Tai Sei Ramen, La Pizza Rina & Italian Food, Kakaako Kitchen, and Chai's Island Bistro.

For pricy eats (& good tasty food)...

Alan Wong's, 3660 On The Rise, John Dominis, Sam Choy's, Roy's, The Willows, Ruth Chris Steakhouse, Buzz's Steak & Lobster, Bali By The Sea, Rainbow Lanai, Hanohano Room, Hoku's, La Mer, Orchid's, Michel's, Aaron's Atop the Ala Moana, and Diamond Head Grill..

Mentioned in this post
Rainbow Drive-In
Rainbow Drive-In
1,148 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Lappert's Ice Cream
Lappert's Ice Cream
1,040 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Kailua-Kona
Kailua-Kona
Island of Hawaii, HI
Kakaako Kitchen
Kakaako Kitchen
267 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Alan Wong's Restaurant
Alan Wong's Restaurant
1,542 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Ruth's Chris Steak House
Ruth's Chris Steak House
1,481 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Rainbow Lanai
Rainbow Lanai
291 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Hoku's
Hoku's
338 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Michel's At the Colony Surf
Michel's At the Colony...
594 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Ala Moana Hotel
Ala Moana Hotel
3,753 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Diamond Head Beach Hotel
Diamond Head Beach Hotel
153 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Hazel Park, Michigan
Level Contributor
92 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What are the best places to eat in waikiki both cheap and...

Seaside Grill on the corner of Seaside and Kuhio is not pricy. You can get the breakfast special for $2.99, and the other place is the Oceanarium Restaurant for buffet breakfast @15.50 per person. That is located at the Pacific Beach Hotel. The breakfast is really good at both places.

As someone else said, Cheeseburger in Paradise is a great place to eat, and in the evenings, they have entertainment.

Aloha,

Gloria

Mentioned in this post
Kuhio Beach
Kuhio Beach
496 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Cheeseburger In Paradise
Cheeseburger In Paradise
3,068 Reviews
Oahu, HI
joeglow
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: What are the best places to eat in waikiki both cheap and...

Do you have a car? On the far West side of Waikii, there is restaurant row. My wife and I at at the Sunset Grill and it was our favroite place in all of Hawaii. Very good food and very reasonable prices. Plus, there is literally a couple dozen restaurants in this little outdoor/indoor mall.

Mentioned in this post
Goodyear, Arizona
Level Contributor
993 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What are the best places to eat in waikiki both cheap and...

Yes we'll renting a car for a week. Thanks for the help!

joeglow
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: What are the best places to eat in waikiki both cheap and...

Here is a link:

http://restaurant-row.com/main.html

If you are getting an Entertainment book (which I HIGHLY recommend), there is a coupon at the beginning of the book. You just need to register the card that comes with the book. There are MANY nice places like this and Prince Court that have a buy one get one free coupon.