We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM/Cash Station

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
Save Topic
ATM/Cash Station

Guys, I just found out that Chase does not have any bank branches or ATM's out in Hawaii.

What do you recommend that I do? just use another banks ATM? make purchase at walmart then get cash back?

chicago
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM/Cash Station

For all you dirty birds out there, when I say ATM, I don't mean a$$ to mouth...I mean the cash station, thanks.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
131 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM/Cash Station

Hey DC

MMMM My suggestions are :......

Either.... take travellers cheques

or use another banks Auto Teller Machines

or yeah use your card at Walmart and get extra cash out.

Or take cash and hide it in your sock....

:)

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,173 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM/Cash Station

I've had trouble generally finding ATM's in Hawaii. The Bank of Hawaii one I used had a low withdrawl limit and an extra imposed fee (on top of my own bank's fee).

So when it's just for one week, I've started simply taking a bundle of cash for Waikiki.

I assume you could get cash-back on purchases with a debit card and want to try that next trip (but have not yet).

Newcastle
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM/Cash Station

We also had the same problem. We took cash (around $250.00) and had a room safe to store it and valuables.

We also used our credit cards for meals and tours. I also took some travelers checks but did not even have to cash them.

If you have a Costco card you can pay by personal check there ( I just took two checks for a 10 day stay.).

Az
Level Contributor
241 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATM/Cash Station

The hotel we were staying at had 2 ATM's(Waikiki Beach Marriott), I dont remember what the fees were, but it was very convienient.

6. Re: ATM/Cash Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2008, 20:08
7. Re: ATM/Cash Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 19:24