We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room Without a Key

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Topic
Room Without a Key

I don't hear anyone talking about Room Without a Key restaurant. We really enjoyed that place, went there several times, about 3 years ago.

Is it still there? Has it changed names? Waas Up?

Idaho
Level Contributor
547 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room Without a Key

House Without a Key?

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Room Without a Key

Sorry, yes I mean House Without a Key.

Perth
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Room Without a Key

Absolutely loved it .. my favourite restaurant in Waikiki ... 99 days to go and I'll be there ... Aloha!! ;-)

Denver
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Room Without a Key

Best restaurant on Oahu

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Room Without a Key

If everyone raved about it then it would get too crowded! We love it for a nice relaxing drink in the evening, and their lunch is probably the best value in Waikiki in my opinion.

Carlsbad, CA
Destination Expert
for Carlsbad
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Room Without a Key

I had dinner there in October 2005 and really enjoyed it. The hula show (with a former Miss Hawaii) is very good. The Halekulani is a very classy place.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,328 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Room Without a Key

House Without a Key -- not much of a restaurant. We were there in Feb of this year. Beautiful setting. Loved the music and dance. But they only serve pupus and a handful of dinner selections. It's more than "bar" food -- but not like a full-scale restaurant.

Cleburne, Texas
Level Contributor
401 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Room Without a Key

We always stay at the Halekulani and were just there in March. We always enjoy the House Without a Key...it's such a great casual place for dinner if you don't feel like going to La Mer or Orchids.

I brought back a menu and they offered many appetizers, salads and soups along with a number of entrees for the evening meals. Here's a list of the entrees from the menu: Caesar Salad with chicken or poached shrimp, Spaghetti with tomato sauce or meat sauce, Mediterranean Style Seafood Pasta, Fresh Island Catch of the Day and Hawaiian Sea Salt Crusted Prime Rib.

Iowa City
Level Contributor
886 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Room Without a Key

House Without a Key is a sipmle, informal restaurant with fantastic view.I would not compare it with LaMer,Orchids,the Surfroom,or even the Hau Tree lanai.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Room Without a Key

but, then, if you wanted something off the Orchids Restaurant Menu, please ask and they will get it for you. It might take some time, but, they will service your request. They is a reason that resort hotels like Halekulani is rated a 5 star resort hotel.

Kanoe Miller and Debbie Nakanelua (sunday only), both dancers at the House Without a Key are both former Miss Hawaii, America.

A good spot for your dollar value, with the view of Diamond Head, the sunset at dinner time and most important, the old style music and hula under the stars.