We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to do for day after cruise but before evening flight?

DENVER
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
what to do for day after cruise but before evening flight?

Will have luggage from cruise (ship docks at 7 am)but do not fly back home until that evening. Suggestions? I don't want to sit in airport all day!

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to do for day after cruise but before evening flight?

There have been many, many people in your identical situation. They all have posted the same question. I "suggest" that you spend some time reading this board and getting some ideas based upon things that you like to do and your budget, which you have told us none of. Chuck...

Mentioned in this post
Chuck's Steak House
Chuck's Steak House
690 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Sylvania, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,826 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to do for day after cruise but before evening flight?

PAM..check withthe airlines to see if you can check your luggage in early.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,097 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to do for day after cruise but before evening flight?

Go the the airport and check your luggage. Then grab a cab and hang around Waikiki all day. Shop ... have a leisurely lunch.

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Boston
Level Contributor
421 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: what to do for day after cruise but before evening flight?

You can do absolutely anything that there is to do on Oahu that day. There are no limitations except the time!

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,563 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what to do for day after cruise but before evening flight?

the ship docks at 7 am and disembarkation follows approx. 2 hours later. It will not be before 10 am that you will disembark from the ship.

My suggestion is to hire a license driver and take a tour around the island. If departure home is around 7 pm, you need to check in NLT 530 pm at the airport.

Chartering a car for approx. 6 to 7 hours will give you ample time to tour around the island, with stops at your leisure. Get an Island born driver to do that. One that has the knowledge and history of Hawaii. I know that there are a few local boyz around for hire. They have taken the training course offered to transportation companies and are qualified to do these tours and charters. If you need help, please ask.

The going rate at a discount is approx. $35.00 an hour, less cheaper than taking a taxi for an hour and/or limousine. When the tour is done, you go directly to the airport for your departure.

Let me help you if you decide. Otherwise, go rent a car for the day and keep your luggage in the truck. It will be cheaper to rent a car and if you need help with touring the island, I will get you a drive yourself tour with complete instructions and guide.

Good luck and "Live Aloha"

Mentioned in this post
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,097 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what to do for day after cruise but before evening flight?

Tell the ship that you have an early flight ... not a late one. If you tell them you have a late flight, you'll be the last soul off the ship.

In short - LIE!

7. Re: what to do for day after cruise but before evening flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 12:23