We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
261 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel...

We will be staying in Hawaii in April 09 and are going with another couple who have a one year old daughter like us. At the moment we are tossing up between staying at the Resortquest Waikiki Beach or the Outrigger Reef. Last January we stayed at the Resortquest Circle & Outrigger on the Beach and would love to stay at the Outrigger on the Beach again but our friends think its a bit pricey. Whats the best option? We only went down the zoo end of the beach once and it seemed a bit away from things..

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,750 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel...

"Whats the best option?" Option for what? What are your parameters? What are you looking for? How about some more information? Chuck...

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel...

There can be quite a few things toward the zoo like Kapiolani Park, sunset on the beach ( currently one weekend a month ), the aquarium, Waikiki Shell where many events are held etc.

The Reef I believe was finishing up on renovations but I think the pool was going to be closed till after the first of the year be sure to check.

konagirl4eva
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel...

My first choice is Resortquest Waikiki Beach when my family visits Oahu. THe location is great! Walk across the street and you are on the beach. With one year olds that is a plus. They even lend you beach chairs for free, pick them up when you pick up towels by the pool. Each room comes with a small cooler that you take downstairs in the morning to fill up from their breakfast assortment. Our choices were cold cereal, miso soup, rice balls, sausage muffin sandwiches, fruit, pastries, coffee, juice, milk, and I can't remember what else. You can eat around the pool, take it to your room, or take it across the street and eat on the beach. The cooler was also handy to take when we drove around the island. took some fruit from breakfast and some bottle water...and we were off. Tiki's is pretty fun too..live music and drinks on the lanai with a great view of the ocean.

konagirl4eva
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel...

Oops forgot one thing...the rooms are a little on the small side. We ended up upgrading to get a little more space. Other than that it was great.

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel...

We're staying at Outrigger on the Beach next week and stayed there last year, also. Check out the Travel Club rates. We booked a rate using the Entertainment Card and it was very reasonable. They accept several other Travel Club cards, also.

Also, Outrigger Reef has been renovated and should be finished when you go, so if you see a good deal there, I'd take it. Again, click on "More options" in the reservation link and check out the Travel Club rates.

Summer

6. Re: Which hotel...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 11:20