We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Diamond Head

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Watford, UK
Level Contributor
367 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transport to Diamond Head

Is it possible to get a bus or something to the top of the volcano, and then come back? I have heard that there is. I would love to visit the mouth of the volcano, and take some great panoramic photos, but don't fancy the hike to get there.

Menomonie, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
784 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to Diamond Head

You have to hike to the top of Diamondhead. You can drive or take a taxi into the parking lot which is inside the crater but to get to the top you have to hike. THe hike really isn't that bad (and I'm out of shape), just take it easy, bring water and rest a lot to check out the views.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to Diamond Head

If you really don't want to do the hike or are unable to, there are a couple of scenic overlooks on Diamond Head Road with really great views. They're not as high as the top of the trail, but still good.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "mouth of the volcano." It's a big crater--not much to see. "Lost" used it to sub in for Iraq, which gives you an idea of what it looks like inside. Another crater with a little more character would be Punchbowl, which is home to the Cemetery of the Pacific.

3. Re: Transport to Diamond Head

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 22:16