We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island hopping daytrips

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Island hopping daytrips

I will be in honolulu in December with my husband, wondering if there are any island hopping daytrips,that I can take. Any suggestions, please help.

Thank you.

Sylvania, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,826 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island hopping daytrips

Island hopping isn't what it used to be as airline tickets have gone up quite a bit. If you can afford to, it isn't a bad idea to see the volcano on the Big Island if it is active enough.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island hopping daytrips

yes....there is a trip to see the volcano by Bus/Air for around $300 pp.

You can fly to any island for the day( figure it will take about 4 to 5 hours time out of you day for going through airports etc) and will cost about $200 pp rt to any island Rental ars will run about 50 to 80 for a 1 day rental. add $80 rt for cab to the airport from your hotel

As a rough guide you will get 7 to 8 hours of touring time on whatever island you choose. and without meals or gas, tours, admissions etc the day will run between $550 and $700 for 2 persons

saskatchewan
Level Contributor
116 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island hopping daytrips

Is there any boat/ferry rides b/w the islands (from honolulu) that a person can do in a day?

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Island hopping daytrips

I know that there is a super ferry that you can take to different islands.

Edmonton, AB
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Island hopping daytrips

Do you suggest I go to the big island for the day trip? Which company should I book with? I do not want to rent a car, I just want to book a tour, with flight and tour guide for the day. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Island hopping daytrips

I think if I were going to do a day trip to another island from Oahu, I would choose Molokai. It is close, really different and reflective of old hawaii. The other main islands are fairly large and difficult to see in a day - they are really destinations in and of themselves.

USA
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Island hopping daytrips

bestalohatours.com/Tours/Roberts_One_Day_Kau…

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
278 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Island hopping daytrips

I would try looking at Roberts Hawaii. I looked at bestalohatours and they sell the Roberts Hawaii tours, but at a higher price than Roberts direct - looks like there is a sale though.

http://www.roberts-hawaii.com/island-hopping/

My personal favourite is the Big Island. The volcanoes are such an attraction and exciting to see....even better if there is some sort of activity going on. The only thing is that very occasionally they will shut down the park or visitor center due to too high sulfur emissions - what happens to your tour then???

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Island hopping daytrips

cobytammy .... try the following list:

Interisland Airways offers ALL IN ONE DAY, "The Big Island HAWAII". Go to WWW.IFLYINTERISLAND.COM or call 1-888-999-9015.

DiscoverHawaiiTours.com also offers Big Island One Day Tours, flying with go! airlines. Call 808-737-3700.

Polynesian Adventure Tours, a member of Gray Line Worldwide offers One Day Tours to Hawaii. www.PolyAd.com or call toll free: 800-622-3011.

The other options is to wait until you are in Hawaii and go visit your hotel conceirge.

Hope this helps ...

10. Re: Island hopping daytrips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 10:18