We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed at the ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Tower?

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
397 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed at the ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Tower?

We have booked there for next year in a partial ocean view 2 room appt. I have been debating whether to pay the extra $600 for an ocean view room so my question is: Has anyone ever stayed in the partial ocean view and if so, is it just a tiny little glimpse or a half decent view? I am so tempted to upgrade but keep thinking how that $600 could pay for a lot of meals for the 6 of us!

California
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed at the ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Tower?

Search,

We just returned last weekend from staying at the Tower. We also were just like you and booked a partial view room. I also was worried about looking into that other hotel I knew we would be behind since the partial rooms only go up to the 17th floor. We took a chance and waited until we got there to ask for an upgrade. They were wonderful and upgraded us for 50% off the difference in price. Although we never got to see what the partial view rooms would have been like, the view from the ocean view rooms were fabulous and it was well worth it to us. We absolutely loved our stay there and would do it again in a heartbeat. The only thing I could say is you could take a chance and see if they have any upgrades when you get there. $600 is an awful lot when we paid under $250 for our upgrade for the week. We were on the 25th floor in one of the center rooms and had no obstructions whatsoever. I hope this helps you decide.

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
397 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed at the ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Tower?

dkingdom thanks so much for your helpful reply! I might just take your advice and chance it. My only problem is that people seem to think it will be rather busy in March due to somebody having their Spring Break at that time. Oh well .... I guess that is what is called living dangerously! LOL

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed at the ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Tower?

Since my review of this property titled “Spot on - location, location, location.” - ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Tower in May 2007 we have stayed again in Nov 2007 and will be returning again for our 4th visit in Nov 2008. We have stayed in both partial and full ocean view apartments and I would put the additional funds towards other items if on a budget (outlet shopping, meals etc) - partial view is still very good and you will not be disappointed, blockage is by the Waikiki Beach Circle property - try for upgrade at check-in or if one of your group is 50yr old you can ask for a Hawaii 5-0 upgrade which is normally an ocean view apartment. Check out the property web site which shows the room layouts and trip advisor traveller photos.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
317 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stayed at the ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Tower?

hi gum-leaves, what's a Hawaii 5-0 upgrade??

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
397 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone stayed at the ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Tower?

Thanks for your input Gumleaves. I'm not 50 but I reckon I will pass for 50 easily by the time I get there with all the stressing I'm doing! I feel a lot better knowing the partial o/v is fine as is. From what I can make out we will be on the right hand side with the ocean view looking towards Outrigger as they have told us we are in a 4 type unit which will be great as I like that view of the beach rather than the Diamond Head side.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone stayed at the ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Tower?

Shoesandhandbags the property's web site states as follows for the 5-0 deal :- " Added amenities include a space-available view-only upgrade upon check-in" - I reckon it's worth asking - worst thing that could happen is that they say No.

7. Re: Has anyone stayed at the ResortQuest Waikiki Beach Tower?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 15:21