We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honolulu overnight stay

Chatsworth, CA
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Honolulu overnight stay

I'm having to stay overnight in Honolulu before taking a flight to Kauai the next morning. We don't arrive in Honolulu until 9:30 PM and want to get away by noon the next day to Kauai. Can someone recommend a comfortable hotel near the airport to stay. It seems silly to travel to Waikiki for such a short time.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
37,970 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honolulu overnight stay

www.expedia.com/HotelSecondLaunch…

I just posted this list of hotels listed in order according to distance from the airport ... Best Western heads the list. Check the reviews for your short list under Hotels on the left menu.

Yes, it does seem silly to go to Waikiki at that time of night, unless you want serious late night partying. Sounds like your interests run more towards getting some sleep and being fresh for Kaua'i.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,983 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honolulu overnight stay

travlin -- the airport hotels get such awful reviews here on the TA posts. And I mean awful.

Portland, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Waikoloa
Level Contributor
897 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honolulu overnight stay

Ohana Airport Hotel. http://tinyurl.com/3pp8tm

For what you need, this hotel will do just fine. Take a look at the reviews. We had originally booked here, but our flights changed and we are not booked at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. The hotel has a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Aloha!

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honolulu overnight stay

Susie.....

go to church this week, get down on your knees and thank God that you didnt have to stay at the Ohana Airport... you have no idea what a cesspit it is...has had 3 names in 20 years but the same interiour. I would sleep on a bench instead....

Its alos a n overflow for outpatients from local hospitals.... a fav of hookers.... and you can get real ice from friendly locals....

Portland, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Waikoloa
Level Contributor
897 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honolulu overnight stay

Dan -

I posted this before I saw your previous post on the other question re: Airport Hotels. I certainly appreciate your candid review of the Ohana Airport Hotel.Mahalo!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,983 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honolulu overnight stay

I remember a post with the same question ... and a quote that the person "wouldn't let his dog stay at an airport hotel!"

You need Amberloo. He's a wiz at hotels.

sydney Australia
Level Contributor
192 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Honolulu overnight stay

Hi 525,

Whatever you decide DO NOT try the easiest to

reach Ohana Airport Hotel.I stayed there over 5

years ago and I still have nightmares about the

totally miserable and over priced experience

of a lifetime..I would try for the Emalle[?] for

option as there are decent restaurants very handy

and a $10 bus back to the airport is easily found.

There are many choices if you have time to do

some research..Good Luck from NoelinOz

8. Re: Honolulu overnight stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 12:24