We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which lost tour visits the beach camp location?

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
279 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Which lost tour visits the beach camp location?

i want to surprise my family (huge lost fans!)with a tour of the locations but i read somewhere that one of the tours actually visits the beach camp amongst other sites can anyone advise me which company this is. It will be our last day in Waikiki before flying on to Maui so i want it too be a really special trip.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
37,289 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which lost tour visits the beach camp location?

If they're filming, you won't be able to visit it. During the off times when they're done shooting for the season, you can. I was up there once when they were shooting and there was heavy security making sure people didn't get near the set.

I would be surprised if there's a tour that has permission to be there during the filming. If there is, I'd like to know!

you didn't say when you're coming ...

UK
Level Contributor
279 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which lost tour visits the beach camp location?

We will be in Waikiki over christmas and we hope to do the tour on the 26th December

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which lost tour visits the beach camp location?

I did this tour on September 13th this year.

bigkahunahawaii.com/en/…lost_tv_tour_632.htm

It was very good. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable, friendly and did his best to make sure we enjoyed ourselves. He had photos of particular scenes that were filmed at the locations to help us remember them.

The van is small, i think there were 9 on our tour, so you feel like you are getting value for money.

We visited many locations, and pointed out lots as we drove past.

We visited:

Hurley's Sanatorium

Byodo-In Temple

The Others Village

An airfield where the plane wreckage is stored

Crash Site Beach

Another filming beach (not the camp site one)

Kenya filming location (which is actually a sugar farm and soap factory)

Numerous jungle and waterfall locations

You eat lunch at a shrimp shack which is owned by the guy who's shrimp shack was used in the show.

Apparently they normally go to the camp site beach, but annoyingly it was recently (within the last 2 months) taken down so we didn’t.

They drive by lots of other locations (the pier, koolau Ranch, etc etc) that the guide pointed out... you will probably notice some on your own if you are in downtown Honolulu too.

If you have a spare day, definitely go to Koolau Ranch. Lost film there often, and they were when we were there. I got lots of photos of production crews, sets, and the actor who plays Sawyer :)

Forest Park...
Level Contributor
352 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which lost tour visits the beach camp location?

www.hawaiianescapades.com

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
108 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which lost tour visits the beach camp location?

KOS Hummer tours is apparently in the process of getting all the required permits and paper work to be able to offer a full day lost tour. He said it would cover the beaches, locations around the island, as well as the ranch (where they currently offer tours). He said they were hoping to have it available by January, so it may be a little late for you, but hopefully this info will be helpful to others.

Christchurch, NZ
Level Contributor
157 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which lost tour visits the beach camp location?

We booked the full day regular tour (7 hours) with Hawaiian Escapades through Big Kahuna. Our tour was on 3 Sept and although the survivor's camp had been dismantled, there were some crew there who said the camp was going to be rebuilt soon. The beach at the camp site is awesome though. Lots of sea turtles basking in the sun and a great place for a quick swim.

I was disappointed that we didn't get to see Sawyer and Kate's waterfall or the Nigerian village but after contacting Hawaiian Escapades they tell me that they took us to The Other's compound, Hurley's Mental hospital and the fuselage storage area as an alternative. Their response was..."As part of our Booking Policies we denote that Prices, days of operation, access to beach areas, and itineraries are subject to change without notice. The booking policies of our third party booking agents should make reference to this practice but ultimately it is the third-party booking agents who determine their own sales practices."

They had just finished filming at the Other's compound when we arrived and we were told that filming was currently under way behind the airfield but we couldn't get anywhere near.

It would pay to check the exact locations you will visit on your tour with whichever tour company you use. Enjoy your trip.

7. Re: Which lost tour visits the beach camp location?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 23:20