We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

John Dominis - Your Opinions Please

New Zealand
Level Contributor
712 posts
170 reviews
Save Topic
John Dominis - Your Opinions Please

Would this be the place you would go to for great food?

If not where else would you go?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,846 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: John Dominis - Your Opinions Please

I would go to Alan WOng's on King Street. Best food I have had in Hawaii.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,177 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: John Dominis - Your Opinions Please

I have not been to either, but I think I would choose John Dominis.

They have good food & the view is really nice.

Princeville, Kaua`i...
Level Contributor
301 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: John Dominis - Your Opinions Please

Aloha from Kaua`i...

The view at John Dominis is pretty much unbeatable...but the food, not so much. IMHO it's good, but not outstanding.

We've got a great new website, with reviews of dining and entertainment spots by O`ahu locals who've "been there, done that". You can search by cuisine or neighborhood or meal or price. Here's their "dinner" section:

…metromix.com/facets/restaurants/feature.foo…

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,978 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: John Dominis - Your Opinions Please

It is a great place for Sunday Brunch because the view is spectacular, but it has seen it's best days as a great food place go by.

Great food is at La Mer, Alan Wong's, Chef Mavro, Orchids, Michels at the Colony Surf, Roy's Hawaii Kai and 'Elua.

Good food, great views - Hau Tree Lani, Banyan Terrace, & Dukes.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,578 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: John Dominis - Your Opinions Please

Sparkle -- so a search ... or even just scroll down through the posts over the past couple months. Folks ask about restaurants all the time, and there are all kinds of lists and ideas.

Surf Room at the Royal Hawaiian is our favorite. Roy's is excellent, the one on Beach Walk, but has no view. Others have posted many ideas ...

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
44,578 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: John Dominis - Your Opinions Please

Orchids and La Mer at Halekulani get great reviews, too.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,482 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: John Dominis - Your Opinions Please

Orchids at the Halekulani is our absolute favorite dining place in Waikiki. It has the best food and view.

Hawaii
Level Contributor
219 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: John Dominis - Your Opinions Please

I've only eaten their brunch and the cost is reasonable and the food is pretty good. If you want fine dining as said above Alan Wong's is very good, Nick's Fishmarket very good as well, Michel's is good. I have not eaten at 3660 on the rise, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Roy's in Hawaii Kai, Hy's Steakhouse but they are all supposed to be excellent. IMHO you do not have to dish out the money to eat very good food. If you want to pay for fine dining then that is up to you. For a fraction of that I'd prefer Ryan's to Bucca De Peppo.

9. Re: John Dominis - Your Opinions Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 13:16