We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the weather like in February?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
64 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
What is the weather like in February?

I have looked into the temps and they seem pretty nice but someone told me it can be rainy in February. Is this true? What about wind? We are staying in Waikiki Feb.17-28. Hope to enjoy the beach and pool.

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Turtle Canyon Snorkel Cruise by...
192 Reviews
from US$96.75*
Free Cancellation
Pearl Harbor Tour From Honolulu
257 Reviews
from US$49.50*
Free Cancellation
Ultimate Circle Island Adventure with...
149 Reviews
from US$124.61*
Free Cancellation
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
47,198 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the weather like in February?

Both of our trips have been perfect. It is winter, and storms can come through. But it's warm.

The average rainfall for the whole month of February in Honolulu is 2.35 inches. Other parts of the island will see more rain, but Honolulu is on the dry side. I wouldn't worry.

Mentioned in this post
Honolulu
Honolulu
Oahu, HI
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
47,198 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the weather like in February?

www.hawaiiweathertoday.com/content.php?pid=52

Here's a good Hawaii weather website.

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,118 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the weather like in February?

Here is a link to the NOAA/NWS site with lots of data. Click on February under Honolulu, and you get the long term averages:

www.prh.noaa.gov/hnl/pages/climnormals.php

Mentioned in this post
Honolulu
Honolulu
Oahu, HI
Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,467 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the weather like in February?

It will be rainy through April on and off.. wettest on the north and east, Expect daily showers... several hours in length . Wind??? This is our winter Oct-May is the wettest Expect rain daily on all islands, 365 days a year, somewhere.. Dont obsess... what will be will be.... Quit checking and go with the flow

NOAA long range forcast indicates starting in Jan 09 that the weather pattern will be wetter than normal.

Calgary
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the weather like in February?

I know it's been said before, but I'll say it again - Rain in Hawaii is EXTREMELY different than rain in Canada.( Alberta atleast ). We were there that exact week last year, and yes there was rain, the worst day it lasted a couple hours, but we were hiking in rainforest - so it was perfect. most days was a very brief shower, followed immediately by bright sunshine, and it stayed 80degrees!. In Alberta, rain means the temp drops from 75 to 50 in 20 mins and the rain clouds unload on you!

so enjoy!

T

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
4,118 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the weather like in February?

Don't worry, February should be fine, and definately much better than Manitoba.

St. Paul, MN
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the weather like in February?

We visited Oahu in late Feb a couple years ago. It rained a few times, but rain in Hawaii seems to be very light (we never experienced a downpour or massive storm like I'm used to) and it's often followed by a beautiful rainbow!

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the weather like in February?

We were there this past February for five days and it didn't rain once. Atleast not on the beach. It rained in the mountains everyday but the beach was sunny and warm.

9. Re: What is the weather like in February?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 12:20