We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Hawaiin Village timeshare questions ....

toronto
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Hawaiin Village timeshare questions ....

We are booked to stay here in a "studio" apt at this hotel with using timeshare ponts. Can anyone tell me about the timeshares at this hotel, specifically how small and the configuration of the studio size? Also is there an airport van that will pick you up at the airport? What about cheaper restaurants nearby? We are coming in for a wedding and hadn't budgeted this trip so are looking to save some $$. Can you take your own drinks to the pool area? Any tips would be appreciated.

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Hawaiin Village timeshare questions ....

If the timeshare points are for the Lagoon Tower than the studio is nice ... it is just a tiny bit larger than a hotel room and includes a small kitchen section with microwave, small refrigerator, sink. It does not have a stove but does come with some plates, cups, coffee maker...

Everything at the resort is expensive but they have an ABC store where you can pick up milk, bread (you will have a toaster in the room), cereal and other things you can munch on to save a bit.

I do not believe that they offer airport pickup but they changed ownership (even though it is still called Hilton) so you might want to check on airport transfers. We have always brought down a small cooler filled with soda and beer to the beach... I can't see why you wouldn't be able to bring your own stuff down to the pool. If they expected you to purchase only from them, then I don't think they would have the ABC store on hand.

The resort is very pretty and while most people who post here try to discourage from staying there because it really is large - I like it. You will also be walking distance to everything so you should never be pressured to spend your money at the resort.

Enjoy your trip!

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,443 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Hawaiin Village timeshare questions ....

There is no free shuttle...either $9 each way from the airport or $45 by Cab.

In the hilton village ( Hilton Hawaiian Mertopolis)

there is a good cheap CJ" NY delli....best bang for the buck. Fantastic Patty Melt and breakfast

Across the street and to the north is " the Coffee Shop".... a pretty greasy spoon but cheap....3 more blocks is a red lobster and a MC Donalds.

No drinks other than the ones served by the hotel or food at the pool or on the beach ( no drinking at all on any beach.) there is security to enforce it

The pool is very very small for a resort this large.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Hawaiin Village timeshare questions ....

canchick ... luck you. The Hilton Grand Vacation Club has opened the new lobby and entrance on the Ilikai side of Lagoon Towers. You now excess, checking in and out from the new entrance. With the new entrance, you are closer to Discovery Bay (McD, Starbuck and others), Red Lobster and Outback at the Ilikai Marina. There is a driveway under the main entrance to the Lagoon Towers that excess the Hilton Hawaiian Village and Resort for their parking structure and complex.

They is airport shuttle service to the Hilton from the airport (use Roberts, one way). On your return, see the Vacation club conceirge and ask for the Hilton shuttle to the airport (a couple of years ago, the price was $9.00 o/w). They use Charley's Taxi to shuttle you to the airport. If more than two, you share a taxi for the same price, or travel by yourself for $9.00. This is advertised in the hotel rooms, timeshare, I don't know.

I believe with the new entrance, everyone at the Hilton will find this very convenient.

Good luck ...... "Mele Kalikimaka"

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Hawaiin Village timeshare questions ....

The Harbor Pub in the Ala Wai Harbor is close and reasonable. The popular coffee shop is called Wailana. There's some cheap breakfast specials around if you walk the beachpath across Fort DeRussy and up the new Beachwalk area (Lewers St) to Kalakaua.

Looks like the new slide pool by the Lagoon Tower will be opening - possibly by new years? May have to unretire from pool hopping for couple hours to check that out.

I doubt security is interested what's in your plastic cup, but they'd probably say something if they were to notice you mixing drinks poolside.

toronto
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Hawaiin Village timeshare questions ....

Thanks for suggestions...I'm still not clear on the airport pick up...- you say "either $9 each way from the airport or $45 by Cab"..and then Roberts is the hotel transportation?? When we arrive, do we look for a specific company and tell them we are going to the Hilton? And then pay the $9?? We don't want to pay $45 cab fare if there's a $9 way to go!

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Hawaiin Village timeshare questions ....

canchick .... here we go.

Upon your arrival, claim your luggage, go outside to the first curb, look for a person with yellow shirt with the wording of "Shuttle" on the back of the shirt. Ask about shuttle service and he/she will direct you to the Roberts Shuttle bus to Waikiki. The cost, approx. $9.00 o/w to Waikiki.

When you are ready to leave the Hilton Hawaiian Village Resort and Spa for the airport, go to your hotel lobby conceirge and inquire about Hilton's airport shuttle. The shuttle cost is now $12 o/w to the airport between the hours of 7 am to 7 pm. You must make an appointment and the shuttle leaves on the 1/2 hour. Hilton uses Charley's Taxi for the shuttle to the airport. If you go to the doorman and ask for a taxi to the airport, it is going to cost you the taxi fare (approx. $30 from HHV). You must make arrangement with the conceirge.

Hope this helps .....

toronto
Level Contributor
1,139 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Hawaiin Village timeshare questions ....

Very helpful..thank you!

8. Re: Hilton Hawaiin Village timeshare questions ....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 02:19