We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Macademia nut pancakes

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
435 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Best Macademia nut pancakes

Which eatery has the best macademia nut pancakes?

Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Macademia nut pancakes

I have heard that the best are at Boots & Kimo's inKailua. However I have had two reports of unfriendly service after long waits.

Portland
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Macademia nut pancakes

I wish I had more input, but, the only place I've ever had the mac nut pancakes has been at Cheeseburger Waikiki. They were great (get the coconut syrup) and so was the view.

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Macademia nut pancakes

I had the mac nut pancakes at Boots and Kimo's and that sauce is really to die for thats what made the pancakes.We recieved good service no rudeness the wait can be long though we got there right before they opened we were the first ones in.This was in sept of last year.

I've also heard Eggs and Things is good but they are still not open yet,maybe Wailana coffee house.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Macademia nut pancakes

tried the mac nut pancakes at both the Hula Grill and Eggs 'n Things... both were insanely delicious... drooling as i type this....

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
174 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Macademia nut pancakes

Just doing a little lurking on the honolulu board. Wish we were going this year! Love eggs 'n things what happened that it isn't open?

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Macademia nut pancakes

Daschy

They moved to a new location on Saratoga rd website says opening feb 2009 but they're still not open.

Aloha Marie

Iowa City
Level Contributor
886 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Macademia nut pancakes

Yea, had them at the Hula Grill, and at the breakfast buffet, at the House Without a Key($25)-I prefer the latter-though both are delicious!

Calgary
Level Contributor
1,324 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Macademia nut pancakes

Another vote for Boots & Kimos. Small place, very busy, maybe the quick service was interpreted as poor service. ( they're not about to take their time kissn' everyones butt ) Stack 'em, pack 'em & rack 'em!

Napa, California
Level Contributor
2,024 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Macademia nut pancakes

Funny - One of the rude remarks from a friend who's Family owns one of the larger real estate business on the Kailua Side - everyone knows the family.

The other customer was a friend from the mainland.

My local friend, boycotted them and that takes a lot. This person is the nicest friendliest person I know - With a houseful of teenagers she has very thick skin.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
203 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Macademia nut pancakes

I had them at Eggs n Things and have to say it is on my list of to dos when I return in July. I think it might be open again as there have been some recent restaurant reviews posted.