We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kayaking Tour

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kayaking Tour

Heading to Waikiki and looking for recommendations for a kayaking tour in Kailua. We are looking for a small tour, that is not full of beginners (we're experienced, but my mother insists on doing a tour), picks us up in Waikiki, and has a snorkeling component- but is primarily focused on kayaking.

I have read an abundance of positive reviews for Mokulua Kayak Guides, but none of their contact information works. Are they still in business?

Has anyone gone on any of the Kailua Sailboards & Kayaks tours?

Lancaster, Ohio
Level Contributor
455 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Kayaking Tour

I went with Mokulua Kayak Guides a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. There were only myself, my brother-in-law, and one other person along with Scott, the owner/tour guide. It was a great tour, but I believe they have stopped operations. I tried to look up their website a couple of months ago and it was no longer in service.

You might try Twogood Kayaks. I believe they are still in business. They go pretty much where Mokulua Kayak went (Mokulua Islands, Lanikai and Kailua beaches, etc.).

Missouri
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kayaking Tour

We did the guided tour with Twogood Kayaks to the Mokolua Islands. It is a bit strenuous. The two guides had to actually ferry two kayaks behind them because the people aboard could not keep up. On the other hand, I am 63 and my g/f is 55 and we made it okay.

I see where Kailua Sailboards has a less strenuous tour. You might check into it to see what it entails. I doubt that you will go all the way out to the Molokua Islands. There is a closer island called Flat Island, for obvious reasons.

3. Re: Kayaking Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2009, 06:18