We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger Waikiki or Outrigger Reef

New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Outrigger Waikiki or Outrigger Reef

Is Outrigger Waikiki or Outrigger Reef @ Beach the better choice?

Lancaster, Ohio
Level Contributor
455 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Outrigger Waikiki or Outrigger Reef

I love the Outrigger Reef, especially with it being completely renovated. I like the location near Ft. DeRussey park/beach. It is close enough to walk to just about everything in Waikiki also.

The Outrigger Waikiki is in the heart of Waikiki which others prefer. Either or would be a good choice.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outrigger Waikiki or Outrigger Reef

Lots of posts about this if you scroll down through the past few weeks. I would go with the Reef because of the remodel - but the Outrigger Waikiki is very popular and also in a great location.

I also think that the Outrigger Reef would be quieter.

New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Outrigger Waikiki or Outrigger Reef

Mahalo for your help and suggestions!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,010 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outrigger Waikiki or Outrigger Reef

Reef is the better location by far.

Bucks County, PA
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Outrigger Waikiki or Outrigger Reef

I have the same question? I am finding the price to be the same on the outrigger website....$259 for ocean view room/bkfst (for 2) package. I can't find a better rate so far. anyone have any suggestions? And TraRenee - let us know what you decide? We'll be there in early August (2 adults/2 kids) Thanks!

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
53,010 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Outrigger Waikiki or Outrigger Reef

Ummmm, Reef, Reef, Reef, Reef.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
332 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Outrigger Waikiki or Outrigger Reef

We just got back today. The Reef, hands down. We stayed at the Reef and visited the Waikiki while walking around and for Duke's. It was hot and in need of an update, IMO. The Reef was lovely. We were upgraded to an ocean view room from a POV room and had a very nice corner room with 2 balconies.

lwj
Norcal
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Outrigger Waikiki or Outrigger Reef

Gotta agree the Reef is the place!

Chesterfield, Mich.
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Outrigger Waikiki or Outrigger Reef

The Waikiki Outrigger underwent renovations just a very few years ago! I was there in 2006, and it was beautiful. I have stayed at the Waikiki O several times. In fact, it's the only hotel I have ever stayed at in Waikiki. So I can't comment on the Reef. The Waikiki O is in a fabulous location. The beach is great and right at your doorstep.

(Someday I want to be the Waikiki Outrigger's poster child!)

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,773 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Outrigger Waikiki or Outrigger Reef

I've not stayed at either but MUCH prefer the location of the Reef, up towards the Fort de Russey (quieter end) of Waikiki. Reef also has two great restaurants (Shorebird and Ocean House), nice lobby shops, a Serenity Spa.

Outrigger Waikiki is smack dab in the center of Waikiki beach and always seems so awfully busy to me. Don't know the hotel specifically.