We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sightseeing tours

Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
sightseeing tours

Does anyone know if it is better to book your Pearl Harbor Tour and Circle Island tour before you go or is it ok to just book them at your hotel when you arrive? We are staying at the Outrigger on the beach June 9th for our 25th anniversary. We will be there 5 nights 4 days.

Oahu Private Tours
Eco Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Escape Waikiki Tours
Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
Royal Star Hawaii Deluxe Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Bus Tours, Private Tours
Private Tours Hawaii
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
5,821 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sightseeing tours

Because of the time of year, you might want to book prior to going. June is a popular time. Alternatively, you can rent a car and do it yourself. Driving on Oahu is fairly simple, (particularly if your circling the island & off the freeways (H1, H2)) cheaper, and you have the luxury of doing your own thing on your own time. Just get to the Arizona EARLY!

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
561 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sightseeing tours

We went in July of 2004 and did not book our similar tour with Enoa Tours until we arrived in Hawaii. That was our first trip to Hawaii and we had no idea what we wanted to do so we booked nothing until we arrived. However, I would say that whether you book ahead or wait until you get there, it depends on a couple of things.

One, how flexible is your schedule. You are only there for 4 days, so that limits your time. If you are looking to do the tours on specific days, waiting until you get there may complicate things as the days you are looking for, may already be booked up.

Two, similar to the previous post, it also depends on how busy June is. We have not travelled to Hawaii in June, so I do not know what the tourist crowds are like. It sounds like it can be quite busy then, so again, since you are only in Hawaii for four days, you might want to book ahead.

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
809 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sightseeing tours

We went to Hawaii end of May beginning of June this year. There were 12 of us so we pre-booked all our tours on the nternet about 6 weeks before we left. It was a little busy in June so may be worthwhile if you have certain days you want to go.

We did the Circle Island tour with Polynesian Adventure Tours. www.polyad.com

They were great, very informative and we got to see alot. We rented a car the week after and went back to see some things in more detail however the tour was very well organised and you got to spend a reasonable amount of time at each place.

The Arizona tour we did was "Stars & Stripes" with Roberts of Hawaii. www.roberts-hawaii.com

This tour was excellent (we did same tour in 2001). You not only get to see the Arizona Memorial, but also a guided tour aboard USS Missouri, and then a guided tour through Punchbowl National Cemetry. It was very informative and I would highly recommend it. You can get cheaper Arizona tours that dont include the other guided tours but it really was worth the money.

Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sightseeing tours

You can book the tour on the same day you want to go, as long as you show up early or call when you get there. But, if you wanted a better deal-- The grand circle island tour is also offered with the new Go Hawaii Card which includes attractions in Oahu--plus it appears to be on sale. I think the card also includes a Waikki Trolley Pass and a surfing lesson or car rental. I've used the Go Miami Card and had a really good experience with it, so I bet the Go Hawaii Card is great too.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,252 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sightseeing tours

Another vote here for Polynesian Adventure Tours. We have been on numerous trips organised by them and they have all been very good.

My only complaint was waiting outside our hotel from 5am for half an hour for pick up because they provide the same pick up time for all hotels irrespective of how many. It was all the more annoying to discover that the first pickup had been made only a couple of hundred yards from our hotel, but because of the route taken by the coach we were the last pickup!