We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking taxi from airport - can I use credit card?

tulip fields
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taking taxi from airport - can I use credit card?

In case I forget to get cash at the airport - it's too late to get US$ from our local bank now.

How much do I tip the taxi driver - 15-20%?

Thanks.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,009 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking taxi from airport - can I use credit card?

sounds right ...

ask before you get in if CC are accepted. If not you can take another cab who will. Better than finding out a problem after you run up the fare. The ones I've taken do accept them.

tulip fields
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking taxi from airport - can I use credit card?

Thanks!

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking taxi from airport - can I use credit card?

All the drivers at TheCAB Company at (808) 422-2222 are suppose to take credit cards. Most others companies and drivers, you will need to ask. Upon your arrival into the baggage claim area, you would need to call the telephone number above and request for a credit card taxi at your baggage claim. The dispatcher will send you a credit card taxi.

I recommend that you call TheCAB, for the simple reason, they have nicer taxi to ride in.

Another option, when you come out of your baggage claim area, ask the taxi dispatcher that you need a credit card taxi to the HHV. The dispatcher will call in for your request, if a taxi is not available in line.

If you receive good service and you are comfortable with the driver and taxi, 10% is sufficient enough for a tip.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,009 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking taxi from airport - can I use credit card?

yep, after a week of taking cabs last time I was there, I decided THE CAB was my preferred company. The differences are not that big, but the drivers were prompt to answer calls, drove reasonably sanely, and knew where they were going - and took credit cards.

tulip fields
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taking taxi from airport - can I use credit card?

OK - I'll see if I can call that number right away with my foreign cell phone. I should be able to but we'll see.

Hey, how did you know I am going to the HHV?

Thanks so much again!

albany, n.y.
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taking taxi from airport - can I use credit card?

The cab ride from the airport to your waikiki destination should not be more than $40.00. You should always carry at least $100.00 when traveling, you can't always assume everyone will accept plastic.

7. Re: Taking taxi from airport - can I use credit card?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2010, 06:16