We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roberts Pearl Harbor Tour?

Ohio
Level Contributor
141 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Roberts Pearl Harbor Tour?

We are planning to do the Pearl Harbor tour through Robert's Tours and I have a question about the length of the tour. We're being picked up at 6:15 am

for the Pearl Harbor/Arizona tour and then it seems to hit a few places of interest in Honolulu ( like Iolani Palace, King Kahmehameha statue etc...) Has anyone done this tour recently and could give me an idea of what time you were finished? I noticed on their site it said 11:30 am but summer hours were more like 1:30 pm. I'm trying to arrange transport from our hotel to the pier that day but have no idea of what time to arrange for our pick up. Anyone with recent experience on this tour, I'd sure appreciate your help! Thanks!

Royal Star Hawaii Deluxe Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Bus Tours, Private Tours
Oahu Private Tours
Eco Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours
Escape Waikiki Tours
Private Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
E Noa Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
8,240 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roberts Pearl Harbor Tour?

Don't waste you money on a Roberts tour to Pearl Harbour you can do it much cheaper yourself on The Bus and to a time which suits you.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roberts Pearl Harbor Tour?

There are a variety of mini-bus tours that take you from Waikiki to Pearl Harbor. Check with your concierge or excursion desk. Most have hotel pick-up and drop off. We found the narrated ride to be very interesting.

Some are flexible about dropping you off are various sites on the way back to the hotel. Sounds like you have a ship to board - so you need to get back to your hotel.

Roberts tends to use BIG busses, but not always. You'll want to avoid those situations of waiting for 65 people to get on and off and on and off. Get my drift? If you are being picked up at 6:15 - that may be a big bus with lots of stops and lots of hotels.

Ohio
Level Contributor
141 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roberts Pearl Harbor Tour?

Thanks for your replies! I guess I need to reconsider this tour and maybe look into another option for seeing Pearl Harbor to get my times to work! I appreciate your input!!

Maryland
Level Contributor
598 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roberts Pearl Harbor Tour?

It's really easy to get to Pearl Harbor on the city bus ("The Bus"), and you can control your own schedule. The bus information is here:

http://www.thebus.org/pop/airport.asp

The one way fare is $2.25, or if you plan do use the bus frequently, you can get a four day pass for $25.

We're not fans of organized bus tours, so we used the bus to get to the usual tourist attractions (see http://www.thebus.org/pop/quickreferenceguide.pdf) and found it worked well. Bus schedules are available on line, or at various loactions around Waikiki.

Vancouver
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Roberts Pearl Harbor Tour?

I came back from Honolulu 2 days ago. I didn't join any tour when I went to the Pearl Harbour because I like to spend some more time and see things which I am interested. Like I spent a lot of time( about 1.5 hours- ) to see the battle ship. I went there by taking bus #42 and It took about 55mins to go there I don't know if the the tour can give you enough time to see the things which you are very interested. Hope my opinion can help u.

Ohio
Level Contributor
141 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roberts Pearl Harbor Tour?

Thanks everyone for your input! It's very much appreciated as I'm working on planning our trip! All of the advice on this board has been invaluable!! Thanks again!!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Roberts Pearl Harbor Tour?

mimi -- look to the other active post on this issue for more information.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
108 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Roberts Pearl Harbor Tour?

If you'd like another option, check out the Home of the Brave Hawaii Victory Tour at:

http://www.pearlharborhq.com/

That's the company we went with in March. It was the highlight of the trip for almost everyone in our party. We went to the Arizona, then also Wheeler Airfield, Schofield Barracks, Fort Shafter, Punchbowl (you do not get out), and a drive through of downtown Honolulu. Then they take you to a neat little gift shop/museum they run.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
340 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Roberts Pearl Harbor Tour?

Minimom,

I hope its not too late to cancel your scheduled tour with Roberts Hawaii - Pearl Harbor, the King Kamehameha statue as well as most of the sites they take you to - are free. Heck, stroll south on Waikiki beach and you'll see the King Kamehameha statue sitting out in the open. So really, most of what you're paying for is the transportation.

Rather than pay Roberts Hawaii to drag you holo-holo (Hawaiian for "here and there"), rent a compact car from your concierge at your hotel for one day. Drive Oahu and see these sites for yourself. You will pay about the same, and you'll avoid the large crowd on the bus. Plus, you'll get to see some of Oahu on your own; like the blowhole, Hanama Bay, Makapu'u Lighthouse and even Magnum P.I.'s house.

However, if you do choose to go with Roberts, they should pick you up at your hotel when you purchase tickets.

10. Re: Roberts Pearl Harbor Tour?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2010, 05:17