We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaiian Airlines From Las Vegas

Doncaster
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hawaiian Airlines From Las Vegas

I am looking at a trip from the UK next February. First to Las Vegas for a few days then to Hawaii for a week, then back to Vegas for a road trip.

I want direct flights from Vegas to Honolulu and see Hawaiian have 3 per day, so that looks good. Looking at the prices at the moment I am seeing $566 or about £360 at best.

My question:- Is it worth waiting? What are the chances of an offer coming along at say $450 in the next few months? Or should I jump at these fares because they will only get worse !?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawaiian Airlines From Las Vegas

Because Hawaiian is a popular airline, and because that route is popular with Hawaii residents and former residents now living in LV ... and because you are traveling during HIGH season, you may not see those prices come down too much. Keep a close eye on them.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
643 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaiian Airlines From Las Vegas

I'm doing a similar trip later this year. Flying into Las Vegas (few days there) on to Honolulu with Hawaiian Airlines (longer time there) then returning to Los Angeles (few days Santa Monica) before our flight back to the UK. I've booked with Virgin Holidays.

Doncaster
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawaiian Airlines From Las Vegas

Hi Lindie,

Did you get the LAS - HNL - LAX through Virgin as well as the LGW - LAS flights?

Seattle
Level Contributor
43,773 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawaiian Airlines From Las Vegas

Hawaiian is seriously my favorite airline of any I have ever flown.

I'd call them direct and ask your questions. They are a VERY nice company. You might get a clerk that can give you some suggestions.

For example, I'm on their email list and get frequent notifications of sales. I'm only in Seattle but am seeing $338 for travel booked soon and taken before end of the year (not exactly your situation I realize).

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
694 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawaiian Airlines From Las Vegas

Stagsfan,

BLBL makes excelent and valid points about the Hawai'i/Las Vegas connection. I fly from the midwest and choose to connect through LAS for a number of reasons. Number one reason is a winter weather related delay that can paralyze the entire nation's air travel. Hawaiian Airlines is practically immune to that problem due to the cities it flies in/out of. I book a direct to LAS that way I have no connection problems due to a storm 1000 miles away affecting my connection.I spend my "layover" time in Vegas and if my flight to LAS is delayed because of weather then it just means I have less time to gamble and maybe less money to lose. There will be a window of maybe 8-12 weeks out from departure dates that there may be cheaper seats available. But those are sometimes less attractive and you may not be able to be seated together if you are traveling with someone else. If you are certain of your travel dates I would strongly suggest you book now. That way you can plan the rest of your vacation(holiday). Looking at the monthly view they were $550-$600 RT for February which is pretty good. If Crude Oil goes up in price the airlines may use that as an excuse to ratchet airfares up. I will be in Kauai in February, flying Hawaiian Airlines.

6. Re: Hawaiian Airlines From Las Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2010, 06:23