We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

late check out

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
late check out

hi, i just realized my flight home won't be until 9 pm..do most hotels in honolulu (waikiki area) allow late check out where there's a room where you can shower or put your luggage?

Calgary
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: late check out

I'm wondering this myself--we don't fly out until 11pm so I'm hoping late checkout or a hospitality room might be available at the Sheraton where we are staying.

CT
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: late check out

I know the outriggers do offer the hospitality rooms- great idea!

Mentor, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Waikoloa
Level Contributor
879 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: late check out

The Hilton Hawaiian Village does not allow for late check outs - HOWEVER, they do have a place where you can store your luggage at no charge and you sign up for a room that will allow you to shower and change for your upcoming flight. It is free of charge - at least it was a couple of years ago. All you can do is ask :O) Aloha and good luck!

Canada
Level Contributor
8,971 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: late check out

Alot of flights returning to the Mainland from Hawaii leave in the late evening hours. Many others are in your same predicament...often the resort can't do a late check-out as they have to have the room ready for those arriving on the plane which will take you home.

It is a super long day...what we do now...every single time...is reserve the room until the next day (Extra night) Chalk it up to part of the Vacation! Our first trip to Hawaii, we did not do this and felt like a couple of Hobos traipsing around all day. With the extra night booked, we had the option to do as little or as much as we wanted ...shower....nap...dine.... pack leisurely before returning to the airport....and the absolutely brutal flight home.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
45,702 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: late check out

Aloha,

The Hilton does offer a "day rate", on a space available basis. It can be less than an extra night, or not. Depends on the load at the property. Other properties also sometimes offer this, but you will have to contact yours to ask. It is well worth doing, IMO.

When I go to the mainland, I do the reverse--I book an extra day at the front, so that when I land at some early hour, I already have a room and don't have to sit around until 3 or 4PM!

Brirish Columbia
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: late check out

Hi .... We have been to honolulu several times and the majority of our flights (to Canada) are on the "Red Eye". We have stayed at several different Hotels and they have all offered a late check-out. Just ask upon arrival. Most Late check-outs are between 6-7 oclock.

Aloha

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: late check out

Sometimes when we have had a "red-eye" we couldn't ask until our last day, and then, if they weren't expecting to be full, they would allow it, and we paid for 1/2 day, but it only happened once, and we were in Hawaii 4 times with a "red-eye" Now, thankfully, our airline flight leaves mid-afternoon!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: late check out

I just return on Noember 5 staying @ HHV the rate was only 125.00, i felt it was really worth it

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
42,339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: late check out

You should contact your hotel specifically. Some have hospitality rooms ... some will just hold your bags. Also, some visitors book another night just so they can use their room up till the last possible minute.

Late check out will also depend on the hotel and their policies and room census.

Seattle
Level Contributor
41,412 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: late check out

Any hotel will store your luggage, that's not an issue.

As far as late check out they have different policies. Some will let you stay free if the room is available. Some have a special change. Some don't allow it unless you pay for another day.

Some places offer a hospitality room as already mentioned, or even just the option of hanging around pool-side where there's restrooms, showers, bar, etc. with your luggage stored at the front desk.