We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain, Rain

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
DeRidder, Louisiana
Level Contributor
96 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Rain, Rain

We are leaving tomorrow for Honolulu. We will be staying on Waikiki. Looking at the weather report for the next week it appears to have a large percentage of rain (50+ daily). Is this going to be a ruined vacation?

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
Level Contributor
9,508 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain, Rain

starbulletin.com/news/breaking/69622622.html

Let me see...day at work or day in Honolulu in the rain...tough call....

Hey no rain, no rainbows :)

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain, Rain

Where'd you get that info? Check this link from weather.com. Scattered showers in Honolulu doesn't mean rain all day.

weather.com/outlook/…

it's the periodic rain which makes Hawai'i so beautiful!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,927 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain, Rain

If you click on the link that BrightonBill gave, there is indeed a storm a comin'!! All islands are already under a flash flood watch. Local weather stations have been reporting this for the last couple of days. Wed. and Thurs. look like the worst days. Hopefully it will be sunny by Fri. Weather.com is the worst as far as any accuracy in forecasting Hawaii weather.

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain, Rain

It was very pretty in Waikiki today.

As I headed towards Hawaii Kai and up the Windward Coast it was stunning---billowy clouds, light sprinkles of rain, several gorgeous rainbows. Breezy, lovely.

If it rains...oh well. My lawn needs it.

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,179 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain, Rain

I'm here now. Nope, no rain. Well yesterday while I was sunning by the hotel pool suddenly there was a misty/drizzle. Weird because the sun was out and no clouds overhead. It only lasted a few minutes. suze

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,927 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain, Rain

Sunny right now but getting pretty cloudy. Day time heating could lead to afternoon or evening thunderstorms. Looks like this storm is fizzling out though!! Poured rain at my condo last night, just mauka of Ala Wai canal!!

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain, Rain

We got up last night here on Maui around 12 midnight and watched it rain. It was beautiful. This morning was great!! Cool, clear, nice steady winds. We've got our condo completely open enjoying the weather. Supposed to do some more the next several days, but right now it's terrific!!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain, Rain

We didn't get any rain here on Molokai. It's another glorious day with bright sunshine and soft tradewinds blowing.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
48,090 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rain, Rain

Aloha,

I guess Kauai is getting some hard rain, as of 11AM. A couple of posters on that boards mentioned it was really coming down now! Of course, I'm like Rex.......looking at the beautiful blue sky and ocean!

Kailua, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,725 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Rain, Rain

Raining off and on now in Kailua. Grey clouds with occasional bursts of sunshine. Winds 23 mph with gusts up to 33 mph.

I'm loving it.