We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terminal Change Question

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
crekha
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Terminal Change Question

I have a quick question regarding the time I need between flights. I am arriving on Continental and am flying Go! which is in the commuter terminal? I have checked baggage and since Continental does not book the luggage through, I have to claim the bags and go to the Go! terminal. I have 1 hr and 40 min between the flights, is this sufficient? Can I walk to the other terminal or do I have to take the shuttle?

thank you!!

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terminal Change Question

I am assuming that you are traveling and coming from beyond the west coast. With that in mind, I will give you a couple of options to think about after a long flight.

If you arrive on time or better yet earlier, you will have alot of time to connect. Continental Airlines baggage claim will most likely will be at Baggage Claim G.

GO Airlines is located the farthest away from Baggage Claim G area, but, after a long flight, take a walk and stretch.

I would get a push cart for $3.00, than, take a nice 15 minutes stroll, walking past domestic arrival baggage claim area D, E, F and international arrivals; following the sidewalk past Hawaiian Airlines Inter-island arrivals (area C) and domestic arrival (area B), than go around the Hawaiian terminal, passing or walking around the permittee and Hawaiian Drive-Thru parking lot and within minutes you are at the commuter terminal.

After a long flight, the walk will be good with fresh hawaii air to breath. If not, the next alternate is to catch a Wiki-Wiki Bus to the commuter terminal. If you're flight is delayed, a servicing agent from the airlines will either meet you and/or instructions will be announced over the airplane's intercom system before you get off the Continental flight.

Good luck, hope this helps ..........

yfunk3
Level Contributor
470 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terminal Change Question

Had to transfer from Continental to Go! when I arrived in Honolulu, and I only had 50 minutes. Made it in plenty of time since the flight was so small. Go! doesn't really board until literally ten minutes before the plane takes off! You'll be fine and will even have time to spare. It's sort of a long walk and the signs aren't great, but people are always willing to point you in the right direction if you ask.

crekha
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Terminal Change Question

Thank you! Now just have to hope that my Continental flight is not delayed..yesterday the flight was late by 2 hrs!

All the Go! flights are booked full for the rest of the day and the next morning as well!! Wish me luck, I have a small baby and dont want to get stuck!!

San Francisco
Level Contributor
168 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Terminal Change Question

I am a big believer in the walking to the "GO!" terminal, but I agree that it is a wise investment to get the push cart for schleping the luggage. It is extremely not well marked; once you have walked it you get what people say but it is very confusing first time you do it. If you are concerned about making your flight...take the WikiWiki.

5. Re: Terminal Change Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2010, 05:16