We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traditional Hawaiian music and hula

San Francisco, CA
2 posts
Save Topic
Traditional Hawaiian music and hula

We are big fans of traditional Hawaiian music and hula. Years ago there was an open air club/bar in Honolulu that had a special weekly music lunch where all the famous musicians and dancers would perform on a very informal basis. It seemed to depend on which ones were in the audience at the time. It was wonderful. I can't remember its name. Does anyone know if it still exists?

Is there anyplace in Honolulu to hear good Hawaiian music? (not the Don Ho styles)

Mentioned in this post
Honolulu
Honolulu
Oahu, HI
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
56,803 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traditional Hawaiian music and hula

Waikiki Marriott Thursday nights, House Without a Key nightly, Banyan Court at the Moana nightly.

Mentioned in this post
Waikiki
Waikiki
Oahu, HI
Peoria, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traditional Hawaiian music and hula

The Royal Grove in the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center, hula mound on Kuhio Beach and Tiki Grill are a few others.

Mentioned in this post
Kuhio Beach
Kuhio Beach
477 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traditional Hawaiian music and hula

The hula mound at Kuhio Beach next to the Duke's statue. Hula on the daily basis, starting at sunset. Different hula halau's and hula studio's will take the stage offering hula and some good hawaiian music. Event is free

Mentioned in this post
Kuhio Beach
Kuhio Beach
477 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Cedar Park, Texas
Level Contributor
14 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traditional Hawaiian music and hula

My vote is for the Outrigger Reef, every night from 6-9pm. Local hawaiian entertainment served up poolside and free! Grab a great Mai Tai from the Kani Kai Pila bar and enjoy. My husband and I took in many shows during our 8 night stay in September. Our favorite was definitely Cyril Pahinui, who has been recently nominated for a Grammy! A must see!

Cedar Park, Texas
Level Contributor
14 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traditional Hawaiian music and hula

My vote is for the Outrigger Reef, every night from 6-9pm. Local hawaiian entertainment served up poolside and free! Grab a great Mai Tai from the Kani Kai Pila bar and enjoy. My husband and I took in many shows during our 8 night stay in September. Our favorite was definitely Cyril Pahinui, who has been recently nominated for a Grammy! A must see!

6. Re: Traditional Hawaiian music and hula

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2010, 05:16