We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My trip...

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
188 reviews
Save Topic
My trip...

Well so far my trip in Honolulu has been wonderful.

I write a little bit now so I dont forget later.

So I arrived the 28th Dec. very late, from a flight from Mexico City via Houston. And what I dont like is that if there would be a direct flight from Mexico to HNL it will be even faster than from LAX, because it will go straight and from LAX no. but ok.

The next day we went to the Polynesia Center which we like it a lot, we didnt saw all the villages but the ones we did were very nice. The bad thing was in the night because it was very late for us so we went a little bit earlier.

And today we did many things. First in the morning we went to the Atlantis Submarines which had a delay of 1 hour min. and then we went to the Ala Moana Shopping Center for the whole afternoon and buy many things, (remember Im not from the U.S. so I cant find all the brands in Mexico)

Tomorrow we will go to the Pearl Harbor and maybe have a tour in the afternoon and then go to the Chai Island restaurant near the Aloha Tower for New Years.

Oh and I almost forget, Im staying at the Outrigger Reef which I found a nice hotel and it was good that the construction was finished (including the Trump tower)

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,530 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My trip...

Sounds like you are having a great time and I think Chai's will be great for NYE.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My trip...

charal, you won't be disappointed spending New Year's at Chai's Island Bistro. I spented New Years at Chai's last year helping Michael Paulo (jazz sax player) from Los Angeles and Chai personally. Tonight, you will enjoy the singing of crooner Danny Couch. Be sure to get one of Danny's Hit CD's. Popular among the ladies.

Be sure at midnight, to step outside the restaurant and look up towards the ocean. You will appreciate the fireworks and excitment to come.

If you enjoyed the atmosphere and food taste, ask to purchase one of Chai's Island Bistro personalize cook books to take home. A lot of Pacific Rim Cuisine to enjoy.

"Hauoli Maka Hiki Hou", Happy New Year. Be safe and enjoy Honolulu's New Year.

"Live Aloha"

Rod

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
48,494 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My trip...

Thanks for the report, charal95. Hope you have a great time at Chai's tonight. Great place to be for the fireworks!!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My trip...

Thanks for your report, charlal95!!! I'm jealous ... the Outriggers are always fun, good places to stay. Hauoli Maka Hiki Hou!!!

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My trip...

Today I went to Pearl Harbor and what a nice place. I really like it. And I have a question: why they are a lot of trolleys that are private of JAL or other companie???

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My trip...

Are you asking about the Waikiki Trolleys?

If so, see: www.waikikitrolley.com

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,758 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: My trip...

"why they are a lot of trolleys that are private of JAL or other companie???"

I'm only guessing:

The trolley's aren't JAL's or other private trolleys.

But JAL or any other company may reserve a trolley strictly for their company's convention or party. They may also include a banner for the company on the trolley making it appear that the trolley belongs to the company.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My trip...

Yess, I was waiting in the stop outside the mall and first 5 trolleys in 15 min. passed but they were just JAL and other companies, I know that people need it to show a card or something

AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! The dinner last night was very good, the service and food were excellent. Also the music was good. I really liked the fireworks at the Aloha Tower.

9. Re: My trip...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2010, 05:18