We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recs for nice restaurant for romantic dinner

Texas City, Texas
14 posts
Save Topic
Recs for nice restaurant for romantic dinner

My husband and I are going to Oahu in April to finally FINALLY go on our honeymoon (only 3 and a half years later). We would like to go out to a special dinner one night while there. Price is not too important but probably want to keep it under $200 total. Not really too picky. I don't eat seafood but husband does, so seafood restaurant would be fine as long as there was something w/o ocean creatures on the menu. Really just looking for a place that's intimate and romantic. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recs for nice restaurant for romantic dinner

Head to the Halekulani ...

Start your special evening with drinks at House without a Key and then either Orchids (my fave) or La Mer would offer you the romantic dinner you are looking for!

Congratulations on your HONEYMOON!!!

All the best...

ALOHA

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
580 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recs for nice restaurant for romantic dinner

I have never tried the places in the above post..they sound lovely.

If you want a romantic dinner other nights.. on a lower budget.. I really enjoy the Hula Grill (in the Outrigger Waikiki). The menu is good, reasonable prices,and if you make reservations in advance and ask for a table the rails outside you get a gorgeous view of the beachfront and ocean..lit via tiki lights.

It is very nice around 6pm..to watch the sun set!

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,547 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recs for nice restaurant for romantic dinner

I totally agree with Hawaiigirl-we will be at the Orchids on Feb.4.-can't wait, what with all the winter storms, temp. 30 below zero-todat we have ice storm-then roads are solid glaze of ice!

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recs for nice restaurant for romantic dinner

I was very pleased with Hau Tree Lanai. Excellent food - great sunset. Intimate.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,515 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recs for nice restaurant for romantic dinner

voted as one of the most romantic restaurant on O'ahu .... "Michel's" at the Colony Surf. Make your reservation by asking for the sunset time.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
52,984 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recs for nice restaurant for romantic dinner

I would tend to go with cocktails at the House Without a Key, followed by dinner at Orchids or La Mer, La Mer being a way extravagant affair.

But the Hau Tree Lanai and Michel's, which are practically side by side, both have great food and offer a very different perspective of Waikiki and Michel's is very romantic.

Hau Tree also serves breakfast and lunch.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recs for nice restaurant for romantic dinner

Jeff Peterson (guitarist) also plays at Michel's ... some Thurs/Fri/Sat evenings. I'd pay some seriously good money to hear Jeff ... so either the concert or the dinner is a bargain!

8. Re: Recs for nice restaurant for romantic dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2010, 07:15