We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aloha Stadium Flea Market.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Aloha Stadium Flea Market.

Hi ,is this worth going to and if so how do we get there? I will not be hiring a car during our stay,

any suggestions greatly appreciated,Thanks.

sydney
Level Contributor
378 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aloha Stadium Flea Market.

Um hard one this . We've been there and wouldnt rush back . It's OK and you can get cheap clothes and souvenirs - some of it is pretty cheap quality but some of it is OK as well . Every time we have been there we have bought stuff !!

I think for a first timer to Hawaii they are probably worth doing - you can combine them with a trip to the North Shore or go a bit further to Pearlridge Mall or do Pearl harbour .

To get there just grab the bus , I think its a number 50 from memory takes about 60 minutes each way.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
325 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aloha Stadium Flea Market.

I think it's worth it. Plenty of bargains on swimwear, luggage, board shorts and souvenirs. There's also a shuttle for abouyt $8.50.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aloha Stadium Flea Market.

Thanks for the comments, we will probably go to have a look anyway.

yfunk3
Level Contributor
470 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aloha Stadium Flea Market.

VIP Transportation (one of the shuttle companies) has a return Pearl Harbor/Aloha Stadium fee of around $11 per person (or did when I went in late September last year), so that might be worth it if you're going to make a day out of the Swap Meet and Pearl Harbor. They will drop you off at Pearl Harbor, you can walk the 1/4 mile or so to the stadium, and you can take the shuttle back to Waikiki from the Stadium. This was much better and a shorter trip than The Bus, and worth the price because they pick you up/drop you off right at your hotel or anywhere you'd like in Waikiki. If you do go, bring a hat/umbrella, sunscreen and plenty of water!

Maybe just save all your souvenir shopping for the day you go to Aloha Stadium? Be warned that you should go to the Swap Meet AFTER touring Pearl Harbor, since they don't allow anything you can't fit into your pockets at all the attractions at PH.

Mentioned in this post
VIP Transportation Honolulu
VIP Transportation...
230 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Aloha Stadium
Aloha Stadium
213 Reviews
Oahu, HI
South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,733 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aloha Stadium Flea Market.

It's a great place for bargains, and plus, there are lots of things at the swap meet that you can't find anywhere else.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,115 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aloha Stadium Flea Market.

Please do a search. There are long, long posts.

Lots of cr*p in my opinion. You are really going out of your way for lots of booths selling the same stuff, trinkets pawned off as "Hawaiian" when they are made overseas ... and you don't want to buy food items because of the heat and lack of quality control. There are SO many places to buy souvenirs on Waikiki at a reasonable price. The swap meet is a waste of time and effort and vacation.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
580 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aloha Stadium Flea Market.

How much time are you going to be in Hawaii........it is souvenier stuff.....yes I think it is worth it.. BUT--not in and of itself.

If are planning on doing Pearl Harbor etc.. its within walking distance. If you are not....there is the same stuff in the international market place. I just like the flea market atmosphere. I would grab the bus and go EARLY...... then walk over to the AZ Memorial. Shuttles are available as well just depends on how $$ conscious you are.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
66 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aloha Stadium Flea Market.

Yeah, there's a lot of junk, but we had a good time anyway. It is absolutely enormous! We only covered about a third of it and got fully loaded with all sorts of souvenirs. We walked there from the Pearl Harbor memorial.

Level Contributor
595 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aloha Stadium Flea Market.

You can take the bus there, but it takes forever. I was not that impressed either.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,120 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Aloha Stadium Flea Market.

Swap Meet has many more different items & better prices than anywhere else. Open Wed, Sat, Sun.

Its worth going if you are going to Pearl Harbor.

Take #20 & #42 bus from Waikiki to USS Arizona Memorial. No need for transfer.

Walk to Swap Meet after visiting the museum(s).

Take #20 or #42 back to Waikiki.

Popular attractions by bus:

http://www.thebus.org/pop/pop.asp