We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner for first night in Waikiki

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner for first night in Waikiki

We are staying at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel and would like somewhere relaxed and not too loud to have dinner our first night after a long flight

Mentioned in this post
Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel
4,039 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner for first night in Waikiki

In your hotel is the Tiki restaurant. Very nice and "south seas" feel. Check it out. Chuck...

Seattle
Level Contributor
48,202 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner for first night in Waikiki

I like Keo's on Kuhio, it's a Thai restaurant with nice atmosphere and lots of food choices.

I do like the Tiki Bar & Grill on the patio with a nice view of the ocean. I'm not sure how quiet it would be though? When I've been there a band was playing.

Hy's Steak House is always nice for something more old-school.

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner for first night in Waikiki

We LOVE Hy's Steakhouse ... FANTASTIC!!!!

I wouldn't do it on the first night after a LONG flight though... hold out a couple of days until you can really enjoy a relaxed meal without feeling tired.

It can be pricey so you want to be able to take your time and really enjoy it!

ALOHA

Mentioned in this post
Aloha
Aloha
4 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner for first night in Waikiki

Suggest you go down to Waikiki's "Gold Coast" and give the Hau Tree Lanai or Michel's French Restaurant a try. Like the ambience, good food, quit and of course a beautiful ocean side view.

Don't know that time you arrive at the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel, but, it would be nice to make reservations days ahead. Michel's at the Colony Surf is a French Restaurant, tel: (808) 923-6552 or the Hau Tree Lanai at the New Otani Kamaina Beach Hotel is a Pacific Rim Restaurant and the tel is (808) 921-7066.

My choice would be the Hau Tree Lanai simply because it is not too heavy and after a long flight, you might want to be picky on something to eat.

Good luck .........

Mentioned in this post
Gold Coast
Gold Coast
Queensland, Australia
4,039 Reviews
Oahu, HI
California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,046 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner for first night in Waikiki

Hula Grill at the Outrigger Waikiki.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
46,046 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner for first night in Waikiki

Actually, House Without a Key at Halekulani serves a lighter dinner .... outdoors, great views and wonderful entertainment. Have a Hale Passion (drink) for me!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
11,181 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner for first night in Waikiki

Islekane is dead on...

The Hau Tree Lanai is a perfect first dinner in Waikiki. Open air, as on the beach as you can get on Oahu, without the noise, activity and crowd of Central Waikiki, and a solid, well-prepared menu certain to please anyone.

Plus, you are perfectly located at the far Diamond Head end of Waikiki to make it an easy walk (less than a kilometer). Flat, sidewalks, well-lit and well-patrolled.

And what a stroll it is. Through the vast Kapiolani Park greenspace, incredible views of Diamond Head and the Koolau Mountain Range on one side, the beach and ocean on the other, all with typically near-perfect weather.

There is no better way to start your Waikiki stay.

See: http://www.kaimana.com/dining.htm

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
580 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner for first night in Waikiki

Hula Grill.. mmmmmmmm and so pretty if you get a table by the rails.

It is in the Ourtigger Waikiki

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dinner for first night in Waikiki

I agree with islekane-go with the hau Tree Lanai, or the Michels.

10. Re: Dinner for first night in Waikiki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2010, 07:16