We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

?'s about Aqua Bamboo

Alberta
Level Contributor
613 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
?'s about Aqua Bamboo

We are leaving next Sunday. Does anyone know if there is a blow dryer in the room? Also, is breakfast at the pool still available? I hope so as this was the one perk that swayed us to this hotel!!

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ?'s about Aqua Bamboo

Have you contacted the hotel and asked them? Chuck...

Alberta
Level Contributor
613 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ?'s about Aqua Bamboo

No, If I don't get a response here will ask for the e-mail to the hotel. Thanks

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,866 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ?'s about Aqua Bamboo

I've been going back and forth on this hotel too. Some reviews of Aqua properties as a whole are scary. I'd love to hear some candid comments outside of the one hit wonder review club.

Alberta
Level Contributor
613 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ?'s about Aqua Bamboo

Travel agent said that this was a good hotel. We were looking for and are expecting a budget hotel - nothing fancy. As long as it is clean we will be happy. But the included breakfast was the final selling point for us. I will be leaving a review.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
54,616 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ?'s about Aqua Bamboo

Kama'ainaK you are right to be skeptical, I think there are many, many better budget hotels with reliable reviews among those are the Waikiki Circle, Ilima, Courtyard, Park Shore, Hilton Prince Kuhio and more.

As to travel agents, I don't trust their advice since they generally make their money in kick backs from the places they book you into. They tend to book you into places paying the highest commissions.

NORTH CAROLINA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
7,278 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ?'s about Aqua Bamboo

I wouldn't be expecting too much from the breakfast I have never stayed at an Aqua hotel but have read a lot of the reviews and most seem to state that breakfast is coffee,yogurt and muffins which is fine but hopefully your not expecting more.

Edited: 08 February 2010, 15:09
Alberta
Level Contributor
613 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ?'s about Aqua Bamboo

No, that would be a fine breakfast - looked at a lot of hotels and I know about the Aqua chain but still everything considered that was what we determined to be the best. Also, looked at some if not all the other hotels listed by one of the previous posters.

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ?'s about Aqua Bamboo

fabulous .... just got off the phone for you and the Aqua Bamboo does have a hair dryer. Depending on what kind of package or room you booked, you do have a continental breakfast. If not, it cost you $3.00 for your coffee, tea and _____.

Hope this helps. I like continental breakfast, but, as a recommendation, Hy's Steak House is kiddy corner across the street and it is one of my favorite places to go for Lamb chops.

"Live Aloha",

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,866 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ?'s about Aqua Bamboo

thanks scott, and totally agree about travel agents. Would never use one again for the reason they are primarily commission-oriented, commission from the providers, and I the client am not their number one concern.

Have a great time, fabulous! islekane, how nice of you to call!

Alberta
Level Contributor
613 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ?'s about Aqua Bamboo

Thank You isle - Blow dryer was not listed in brochure and at other hotels it was. I am glad to hear about the breakfast - but we are not expecting it to be much. I will be posting a review on return. Thank You again for all the replies.