We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants-late night?

New York
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants-late night?

I will be arriving in Honolulu around 10pm on a Saturday. Are restaurants open late. We are staying at the best western at the airport and only there for the night. I'm assuming that after (hopefully) sleeping on a 9.5 hour flight (coming from NYC) we might be awake and curious to get out. Do restaurants stay open late? any suggestions near the airport?

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants-late night?

I'm not too sure about near the airport, but there are tons of places open late in Waikiki, and a little further away from the airport. Will you have a car??

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,647 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants-late night?

Aloha Amanda,

I wish I could tell you that you will be wired and awake but IT'S A LONG TRAVEL DAY coming from the East Coast!!! lol

Depending on when you are going, you will be working with a 5 or 6 hour time difference and the exhaustion from the flight. I have heard that the area around the airport is not the best... if you find you have the energy - head into Waikiki - about a 20 minute taxi ride and grab a bite to eat there!

Have a wonderful vacation!!!

ALOHA :)

Honolulu
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants-late night?

Armanda, arriving at around 10 pm will put you in the Airport Hotel approx. 11 pm after luggage and you call for the shuttle from the Airport Hotel.

Unless, you are wired, I would not go into Waikiki. Other than Denny's, IHOP and Wailana Coffee House, every sit down restaurant will be closed or getting ready to close. The latest that anyone of the better restaurants stay open is approx. 1 am. Fast food is open all night.

My suggestion is to catch a taxi and go to Pearlridge Shopping Center to Anna Miller's Coffee House. Excellent place for something small, light and if you only want dessert and coffee, Around the Ala Moana Shopping Center, Likelike Drive In.

Have fun deciding ...........

California
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants-late night?

I'm with you Amanda!! I don't care how long of a flight it's been or how tired I might be. If I'm hungry, I'm hungry, whether it's 8:00 PM or 3:00 AM!!! Go eat!!!! As metioned, there really aren't any places that I know of near the airport that might be open that late. But in Waikiki, there are tons of places. If you like Japanese ramen, a lot of the ramen places are open REAL late, mainly because there are so many Japanese tourists visiting and most of them are up to the wee hours of the night because of the time difference.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,447 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants-late night?

If you can't find any other place, Byron's Drive Inn is open 24 hours. It's best known for lunch. Food is OK. It's located near the airport hotels. Get it to go & take it to your hotel.

Reviews for Byron's are mediocre.

3297 N Nimitz Hwy, Honolulu, HI 96819

Anna Miller's at Pearlridge would be much better. But, you'd need a car or take a cab.

6. Re: Restaurants-late night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2010, 07:17