We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dim Sum in Honolulu

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
104 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Dim Sum in Honolulu

Can anyone recommend a good place? Thank you.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
55,907 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dim Sum in Honolulu

There are about three I like in the Chinese Cultural Plaza (100 N Beretania St), Legends, Fook Lam & Empress and then Mei Sum Dim Sum in Chinatown and Royal Garden at he Ala Moana Hotel.

Edited: 26 February 2010, 14:51
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dim Sum in Honolulu

or Hee Hing, on Kapahulu Avenue and Happy Days (20% off) in Kaimuki.

All mentioned are great with Happy Days and Mei Sum getting the Ilima Awards for Best Dim Sum Restaurant as voted by the people of Hawaii.

My least favorite dish .... ugh, "duck feet".

"Kung Hee Fut Choy", enjoy your Dim Sum .........

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dim Sum in Honolulu

I enjoy The Mandalay on Alakea St. Very crowded during lunch hour as it is in the downtown business district

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,979 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dim Sum in Honolulu

Legends is pretty good...

Just ate there yesterday. But I think it has gone a little downhill of late.

Note that Mei Sum, which is very, very good is in the process of moving from their long-time location at the corner of Pauahi and Smith (walked by their now shuttered place just a few moments ago). Didn't stop to read the sign saying where the new location is going to be or when they will reopen.

Anchorage, Alaska
Level Contributor
580 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dim Sum in Honolulu

I didn't get a chance to try any but I saw a few places there in China town that offered it. We took a bus.....it was kindof fun!

6. Re: Dim Sum in Honolulu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2010, 05:16