We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mahi mahi--where to find

Waukesha, WI
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
mahi mahi--where to find

I need suggestions for a restaurant with a good macadamia crusted mahi-mahi dinner. I'm looking to spend $20-40. Thanks!!

Maryland, USA
Level Contributor
1,947 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mahi mahi--where to find

I swear, I think Roys knocks the socks off just about everywhere else! It is my favorite dish!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mahi mahi--where to find

I second Roy's. My wife had it and I tasted it and it was very good. Very rich tasting. This is a dish, however, that you can find on almost every menu...although the type of fish may vary.

If you haven't read it my trip review has a review of Roy's. Also in one of the last posts there is a link to our pictures that has a picture of the Mahi Mahi at Roys.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60982-i38-k344134…

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,560 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: mahi mahi--where to find

Wonderful place to eat...

But it will be pretty tough to get out of Roy's for only $20 to $40 a head.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mahi mahi--where to find

Hula Grill, $26. Tasty and nice view!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mahi mahi--where to find

I guess it depends if they are asking $20 - 40 for the dish or per head for the whole meal

For us at Roys: couple drinks, 1 salad, 2 entrees (including the Mahi Mahi), and 1 dessert our total was $100.26 before tip

Bay Area
Level Contributor
257 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mahi mahi--where to find

We really like the one at Duke's & it comes with The Salad Bar. It is not to bad of a price and the view and music are wonderful!

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,555 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mahi mahi--where to find

Hula Grill, Orchids, Hau Tree Lanai,even Azure has it-you have to check the respective price on their websites.

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,933 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mahi mahi--where to find

Another fish to watch for that's done with this type of preparation is opakapaka. I usually go for mahi mahi but a server talked me into trying the other, and it was even more delicious. -suze

ohio
Level Contributor
484 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: mahi mahi--where to find

Roy's was by far the best meal we had. Went back 3 times. I love Mahi Mahi. There is a trio entree of fish. It had Butterfish for one of the fish. Best fish ever. Ordered it next three times. Also try the ribs as an appetizer. $100 plus tip was easy for us 2 entrees $30-36 each and a bottle of Pinot Grigio for $30. Best $100 meal I have ever had. I hate going out and leaving a restaurant and thinking to myself "it was ok".

Alberta
Level Contributor
610 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: mahi mahi--where to find

Cheesecake factory - it was the special for I believe $26.00.