We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally decided

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
388 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Finally decided

Many thanks for all the help and advice.

After much prevaricating we finally booked an ocean front tower room at the Royal Hawaiian for our stay in June. We got an 'escape' rate which says no inclusions - not really clear what we could miss out on tbh as the description was exactly the same as the normal rate. Has anyone come across this rate before?

Now that the whole trip is booked can relax and start looking forward to the hols.

jen x

Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally decided

We stayed at the Royal Hawaiian last November and we really loved it. You can't go wrong. I did a trip report that you might want to look at. See tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k323858…

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
388 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally decided

Hi scottygirl, thanks for the reply. Reading your trip report sounds like you booked a tower room too.

So lots of questions.......

What was the room like ?

Did you eat in the hotel at all ?

Is the fridge big enough to stock up on milk, juice etc so we can have brekkie on the balcony ?

Did you have to get up at silly o'clock to reserve loungers on the RH stretch of beach ?

I'm sure I'll think of more, but these will do to begin with lol

jen x

Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Finally decided

I just realized that the last post only had a link to my first part of my trip report. Were you able to find the other two parts? Anyhow, yes we had a tower room, the view can't be beat! Plus you get to use the concierge lounge that has a continental breakfast in the morning and snacks in the evening. They have the best pink lemonade I have ever had. The room fridge is a small bar fridge, definately big enough to store juice, milk and some drinks!

We never had trouble getting a lounger, but we were always up by 7:00 am. I would just go down and reserve one with the beach boys and then grab some breakfast in the lounge. We found the hotel to be quiet and relaxing especially compared to the Sheraton next door. Everytime we walked into the hotel lobby there was a fragrance from some type of flower that I will never forget! Sadly, I never found out what it was. Maybe you can find out on your trip.

The picture of me on my avatar is taken on our balcony at the RH!

Edited: 09 March 2010, 14:36
Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
388 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finally decided

Lots of info here thanks. Also managed to see the rest of your trip report - really helpful.

Love the sound of the concierge lounge, I'm sure we'll be quite happy with some pastries and plenty of coffee. Will say though that if we need to reserve loungers by 7ish it won't be me going down to do it hehehe

Did you get in touch with the hotel with a special request i.e. high floor etc ?

jen x

Level Contributor
179 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Finally decided

Yes, we requested a higher floor, I think we were on 6 or was it 8? It was a Starwood Preferred Guest floor. By the way, the coffee in the concierge lounge was Kona coffee and it was delicious! We only ate at the hotel once and it was ok.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Finally decided

We didn't stay there but it is quite a amazing hotel. If you interested in a luau type thing, RH has a great one on Mondays. It is called the Aha'Aina. It is more expensive than the rest but they do give a discount to RH guests.

For my review and for some videos of a few performances you can check out my recent post. It is 4-5 pages in...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60982-i38-k344134…

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
388 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Finally decided

Wow, what a fab trip report. We'll definitely make time for the Aha'Aina.

We've joined the Starwood Preferred Guest programme so hopefully we'll get the same floor.

jen x

8. Re: Finally decided

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2010, 06:18