We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mai Tai bar at Royal Hawaiian Happy Hour??

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas OR
Level Contributor
123 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Mai Tai bar at Royal Hawaiian Happy Hour??

We will be staying at the Embassy Suites in 10 days. Can anyone tell me if and what time the Happy Hour is at the Royal Hawaiian Mai Tai Bar? We are looking for a beach setting where the teens can roam on the beach. Thanks.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,432 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mai Tai bar at Royal Hawaiian Happy Hour??

Not sure, you might try their website. I think the Banyan Court at the Moana Surfrider might be a better location for the teens to go to the beach, or even the New Otani even though it is the far end of the beach.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mai Tai bar at Royal Hawaiian Happy Hour??

I don't believe they do...or at least I didn't hear of one.

Best happy hour is at the Shorebird in the Outrigger Reef. It is open air restaurant/bar right next to the beach. So this would meet your needs. Mai Tais are $3 from 12pm-5pm and we voted them the "best overall Mai Tai" in our trip review.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60982-i38-k344134…

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mai Tai bar at Royal Hawaiian Happy Hour??

No happy hour and their Mai Tais are around $15, Royal Hwaiian has gotten real expensive. I think there burgers were around $20. All the Sheraton run properties have pretty high prices. Outrigger uses outside owned restaurants so their prices are much better.

Sydney,NSW
Level Contributor
361 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mai Tai bar at Royal Hawaiian Happy Hour??

Wow, I like the sound of $3 Mai Tai's. We will have to check out the Shorebird when we go. I hear the food there is good too :)

Carlsbad, CA
Destination Expert
for Carlsbad
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mai Tai bar at Royal Hawaiian Happy Hour??

Banyan Court at Moana is definitely worth a trip

NYC
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mai Tai bar at Royal Hawaiian Happy Hour??

I just got back within last week. I went to Mai Tai Bar at Royal a couple of times. They had two mai tai's that I remember; 1) the classic for $13, and 2) the Degeneris for $15, I think. The Degeneris was named after Ellen Degeneris who was there not too long ago. Creative, huh? There were NO specials I can assure you. Drinks still good, however!

Dallas OR
Level Contributor
123 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mai Tai bar at Royal Hawaiian Happy Hour??

Thanks for all the info. We will try to avoid the $12 and up mai tais so i think we will head to the Shorebird! Thnaks for the info!

8. Re: Mai Tai bar at Royal Hawaiian Happy Hour??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2010, 06:35