We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First-Time To Hawaii In April!

East Tennessee
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First-Time To Hawaii In April!

Hey all, the wife and I are looking forward to Honolulu the week of April 17-24th. We will be staying at the Outrigger On The Beach, we heard it was a good location...anyone have any comments to the contrary/drawbacks, etc.? We will have a car all week, and are looking forward to exploring the island and hope to enjoy not only the "touristy" areas, but also the less-traveled areas. Any pointers (food, areas to visit, etc.) would be greatly appreciated! We are just simple folks, and are not looking for anything extravagant...just a great week, beautiful scenery, and good affordable food. Thanks!

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First-Time To Hawaii In April!

Outrigger is a great location, can't get much better. You really don't need a car for a week since everything in Waikiki area is withing walking distance. A car for a couple days is sufficent especially since parking is usually over $20 a day.

I think you can get a lot of answers to your questions by reading my trip report. We stayed at the Beachcomber which is right across the street.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60982-i38-k344134…

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,985 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First-Time To Hawaii In April!

You need to pick up a good travel guide or two. I'll check my stash at home and get back to you with recommendations. FYI - pick up a good map at AAA or a major bookstore. A good investment.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,778 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First-Time To Hawaii In April!

There are two Outrigger on the Beach.

Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach & Outrigger Reef on the Beach. Make sure you are getting the one you want.

Lots of info:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29222-i37-k647862…

Driving Tours, Maps, North Shore, Website & more:

tripadvisor.com/AllReviews-g29222-Oahu_Hawai…

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,778 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First-Time To Hawaii In April!

Order a free brochure:

1-800-GOHAWAII

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
45,339 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First-Time To Hawaii In April!

Keep that car. It will come in handy for those spur of the moment things you might want to explore. Since we're not sure which Outrigger you well be at, can't comment except to say both are a good choice!! Take a walking tour of the downtown area. The state capitol building and Iolani Palace (only royal palace in the United States) are neat places for a visit. King Kamahamaha statue is also there. Bishops museum is always fun. Right now I'm in the process of visiting all of the botanical gardens that you can take a stroll through.

East Tennessee
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: First-Time To Hawaii In April!

We are staying at the Outrigger Waikiki On The Beach. I will call for the brochure this evening, as that sounds like a wonderful idea, maybe get a step ahead before arrival.

7. Re: First-Time To Hawaii In April!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2010, 07:16