We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving on the Big Island.

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
167 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving on the Big Island.

I booked a trip with miles for this Thanksgiving.. We are flying into Honolulu and was looking for suggestions on where (area) on the island. Ideally I would like something on or close to a great beach with easy access to nice restaurants and a little nightlife. We are bringing our son (he'll be 1 year old at that point) with us. We also have another couple meeting us from the UK. I like a laid back scene with lots of beach bars, restaurants and not too touristy. Any suggestions???

Thanks!

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,555 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving on the Big Island.

Since Honolulu is on Oahu, not Big Island, not sure if you are wanting suggestions for Oahu or Hawaii (Big Island)?

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
167 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving on the Big Island.

Sorry, typo. I was thinking one thing and typed another! We are staying on Oahu, not the Big Island.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving on the Big Island.

Based on what you are looking for...your best option is really Waikiki. It is pretty touristy area though. The rest of the island you have to drive to get to almost everything, especially in terms of nightlife.

Honolulu
Level Contributor
56 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving on the Big Island.

Thanksgiving is a great time to come to Hawaii. Note that Honolulu is on the island of Oahu. All of the restaurants in Hawaii will feature traditional Thanksgiving menus mixed in with some local island flavor. The week that you are here, check the Honolulu Advertiser's Sunday newspaper insert called Dining Out. They might have an online version.

Yorba Linda...
Level Contributor
171 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving on the Big Island.

As long as you mean the island of Oahu and not the Island of Hawaii (aka "big island) you will want to stay in Waikiki. Lots of nice restaurants, nightlife, and nice beach. It is "touristy", though.

6. Re: Thanksgiving on the Big Island.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2010, 05:17