We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entertainment Book

Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Entertainment Book

I just purchased and received the Entertainment Book for Hawaii. What places are worth going to that are in this book? I'm traveling with my husband (we're on a budget) so I'd like to try to stay mostly casual dining with the occasional fine dining restaurant. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Vancouver...
Level Contributor
7,749 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entertainment Book

They are all "worth it". You must decide what you want to do/go to/eat. The book is already divided into casual dining and not so casual dining. I'm not really sure what you are asking or what you want to know? Just look at the book and make some decisions. Chuck...

Mentioned in this post
Chuck's Steak House
Chuck's Steak House
690 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
1,446 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Entertainment Book

You should have a coupon for La Mariana Sailing Club. It would be worth it to try that one out. It's lost in the 60's for sure, but prices are reasonable and with the coupon even better. There are no coupons that I could see in the book, but you can't go wrong with Zippy's which are all over the island. Good food, reasonable prices.

Rex

Mentioned in this post
La Mariana Restaurant & Bar
La Mariana Restaurant...
474 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
254 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Entertainment Book

i am also deciding whether or not to buy this book as well. I mean i know when i go to hawaii i'd like to try and save money but at the same time, i don't want to always try and find a bargain because i'd like to try everything.

So if i did get the entertainment book, would it be worth it if i only used perhaps onle 2-3 vouchers and depending i would know which voucher to use when i go to a certain place etc

Actually i'm going in november 2010 so have to wait for the 2011 version doh lol

Edited: 08 May 2010, 02:41
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
380 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Entertainment Book

Kobes Steak House is worth it...almost like B1G1...the Magic of Polynesia is certainly worth it, and also the Polynesian Cultural Center...you can get good coupons in Oahu Gold also.

Mentioned in this post
Magic of Polynesia
Magic of Polynesia
397 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Polynesian Cultural Center
Polynesian Cultural...
7,424 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Canada
Level Contributor
9,449 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Entertainment Book

Depending on your Dining preferences. Check-out the individual restaurant's website site for menus and pricing.

The Hawaiian Entertainment Book is now on sale for $15....Shipping included. If you are spending time on Oahu...where the majority of the coupons apply. There are also a number for Maui.

The PCC one for $45 puts you ahead of the game.

The Big island and Kauai have very limited offers

The $15 deal is an excellent one if you do any travelling at all....there are many National ones that can be used across the Country, Hotel discounts world wide, as well as rental cars. Often offers an be combined with the rental cars.

Mentioned in this post
Oahu
Oahu
Hawaii
Maui
Maui
Hawaii
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Orange, California
Level Contributor
414 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Entertainment Book

Paradise cove Luau was fun for us, and beautiful location, 40% off in the book. We also did a dinner cruise from the book, wanted to do a private dinner cruise on a yacht or catamaran, but it was book by Shanina Twain for her sisters bachlorete party.

Mentioned in this post
Paradise Cove Luau
Paradise Cove Luau
2,306 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
25 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Entertainment Book

We used b1g1 on Polynesian Cultural Center, Ali'i Kai Catamaran Dinner,and Magic of Polynesia but missed out on Roberts Hawaii Circle Island Tour-ended up going on another circle island tour that cost us more and probably showed us most of the same things.

Be careful on some of the food coupons....Seafood Village was extremely overpriced and below average in quality.

Mentioned in this post
Polynesian Cultural Center
Polynesian Cultural...
7,424 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Magic of Polynesia
Magic of Polynesia
397 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Roberts Hawaii
Roberts Hawaii
1,249 Reviews
Oahu, HI
8. Re: Entertainment Book

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 May 2010, 15:40
9. Re: Entertainment Book

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 May 2010, 15:41
10. Re: Entertainment Book

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2010, 05:15