We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can my husband meet Dog the Bounty Hunter?

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
staffs uk
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
How can my husband meet Dog the Bounty Hunter?

We are visiting Honolulu in July 2010 and my husband would love to meet Dog the Bounty Hunter. I would love to be able to arrange this as a surprise for him - any ideas?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
51,857 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How can my husband meet Dog the Bounty Hunter?

Skip out on bail?

I'm just saying....

You also might try the A&E Website.

aetv.com/dog-the-bounty-hunter/…index.jsp

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,279 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How can my husband meet Dog the Bounty Hunter?

Hahaha!!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How can my husband meet Dog the Bounty Hunter?

Hi there,

My husband and I went to Da Kine Bail Bonds at Queen Emma Street a couple of years ago, if you go round the corner to the 'Dog shop' they will know if the Chapmans are in Honolulu at the time, we hung out for a while and managed to see some of the filming out back, and saw Beth, Lyssa, Duane & Leland driving in.. but never saw the big man himself : -(

We are going back again in mid June, but don't know if they will be on the island, if anyone online knows, please drop us a line.

Think you can catch the show on A & E on Wednesday nights while you are out there (think thats right).

Best of luck !

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,933 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How can my husband meet Dog the Bounty Hunter?

Good luck, hope you can find a way to see him!! The only time I ever saw him was at a Renaissance Festival in Larkspur, Colorado while I was on vacation last summer!!

Beachwalk
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How can my husband meet Dog the Bounty Hunter?

He is actually not very big (5'4" with 4" heels). I've run into him on numerous occasions in Waikiki. He works out at 24 hr fitness. Sometimes he was nice, others not so nice. Now that he knows how to handle fame, he will chat with you if you're cool. I happen to know that for $47.50 (cash only), he will arrange a surprise visit for your husband. Is this more than you were willing to pay, or did you think that he'd do it for free?

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
48,084 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How can my husband meet Dog the Bounty Hunter?

Aloha,

Please, please, Deb-don't take BTG's bait.

Research his other posts before you pay him anything for anything...................because I find his "personal knowledge" very unlikely and further, bordering on solicitation.

Dog is not always in Oahu-or Big Island, he's often in other states. Check out his own website if you're interested in tracking the tracker, so to speak.

Beachwalk
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How can my husband meet Dog the Bounty Hunter?

I kidd, I kidd! All kidding aside, I have run into some of the employees of the Dog in Waikiki. There was the Polynesian woman employee- the one who's bond they revoked, who was in Waikiki one day. I immediately recognized her as the perp. She said that she was out of gas and needed money. Another time I was at 24 HR Fitness, and Beth came up the escalator. I asked the desk clerk where the exit was, and he said "See that window"- 1, 2, 3, JUMP OUT!!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,350 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How can my husband meet Dog the Bounty Hunter?

Got to give it to BTG...

For the first time, he actually got a fact right.

You do have to take an escalator up into the 24 Hour fitness gym in the Pacific Monarch; although, it is shut down (and merely a set of metal stairs) at night.

A likely place to see the Dog, socially, when his posse is in town is at the Mai Tai Bar at the Ala Moana Center, or at any of a dozen plate lunch joints around Bishop and Hotel Streets downtown around lunch.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
48,084 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How can my husband meet Dog the Bounty Hunter?

Hey Amberloo,

What about seeing Dog while parasailing--with a drink from an ABC store in one hand and a big hamburger from those "beach park concessionaires" in the other--then landing in the hotel hot tub with a baby humpback in it??!!

Am I on to something here??!!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: How can my husband meet Dog the Bounty Hunter?

The heck with The DOG, I want to meet Baby Lysaa. {:"}