We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Shower Tree still operating?

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
823 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Shower Tree still operating?

I read on another board that the Shower Tree at 3085 N Nimitz Hwy has been boarded up. Their website at http://www.showertreehawaii.com/ only has a home page with no info

Can anyone confirm if it's still operating?

If not - is there an alternative? I'm flying in from australia at 7:30am and I don't depart for Chicago until 4:30pm. I'll desperately need a shower and preferably a nap during this time. A hostel or something cheap would be great. I was budgeting spending up to $35-40 on the shower tree.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Shower Tree still operating?

I tried to call the number and no one answered. I can swing by there if you would like and see if they are still open. Worse comes to worse you could buy a day pass for the AA Admirals lounge. They have shower facilities. It's $50.00 for a day pass but you can use it all day at any lounge. Also, by the time you pay for the Shower Tree and a cab there and back you are probably at about $50.00 anyway. Only drawback at the club is that they don't open until 11:00 Am but that still leaves you enough time to shower and make your next flight.

www.aa.com/i18nForward.do…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
823 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Shower Tree still operating?

I'd be most grateful if you could check on the shower tree. Thanks.

I considered the AA club but I think I will need the nap as well as the shower. Do you know of any hostels or cheap hotels that would let me check in at 8:30am, or give me a day rate? I'll pay for a full night if need be, I would just want the room/bed straight away.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Shower Tree still operating?

There's no answer at the Shower Tree but I will drive by as it's near my home. The Pacific Marina has a day rate of $89.00 plus tax (w/ airport transfer), Ohana hotel $79.00 plus tax..

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the Shower Tree still operating?

Ok...Shower Tree is definitely closed. Sorry. If you want to stick close to the airport I think you are stuck with my suggestions. Hope they helped.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
823 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the Shower Tree still operating?

Awwww..I thought I was onto a winner there. You'd think HNL would have something like this given it's a hub airport with so many transiting passengers.

Thanks so much for checking it out for me and the prices for the airport hotels.It's quite a bit over my budget so I think I'll have to start researching hostels/backpackers..I can't honestly justify paying over AU$100 for a nap and a shower after a 9 hour back of the clock flight.

thanks again

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is the Shower Tree still operating?

There are hostels down in Waikiki and like I said there is the AA Admirals club. Someone else posted a thread recently about hostels so I'm sure there's some good info there.

Good luck.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
823 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is the Shower Tree still operating?

I''ve researched this a lot and contacted quite a number of hostels and cheap hotels.

I've gone with the YWCA Fernhurst for $45 who were the most accomodating for my check-in time and sent me a really nice email. This is only $10 more than what the shower tree was going to be and $5 less than the Admirals Club, plus I get a shower, a bed and breakfast, so i'm very happy. It sounds like a really lovely peaceful place which is what I'm after to get over, and prevent additional jetlag - not a party central beach hostel! It's half way between the airport and waikiki beach which is great too....bus should take an hour to get back to the airport. I'll be sure to review them after I stay.

Thanks again for your assistance - I'm so glad I checked and didn't just rock up to the shower tree to find it closed!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is the Shower Tree still operating?

Could you PLEASE check and see if they are still open? I have stayed there off & on for about 20 years. As the predvious person said their call go unanswered. Info says it is a valid #. Your help would be greatly appreciated.'Thanksf

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is the Shower Tree still operating?

Perhaps another of the airline clubs. There is very little near the airport. You might look into the YWCAA. There is a pretty good bus system that goes thru the airport to downtown and Waikiki.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
823 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is the Shower Tree still operating?

MrsCombs (above) actually drove past the shower tree and confirmed it was closed..