We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LOST Tour (Hawaiian Escapades) or Circle Island (Discover)

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
805 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
LOST Tour (Hawaiian Escapades) or Circle Island (Discover)

Ok opinions please!

LOST Legends Tour OR Circle Island Tour???

We really want to see the island of Oahu with our 6 year old, but are not too keen on renting a car. We really want to see the North Shore (which both of these tours will visit according to their website).

Any opinions? Which tour is better?

We are fans of the show LOST but mostly really want to find a great tour to see the island.

Thank you

AZ
Level Contributor
185 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LOST Tour (Hawaiian Escapades) or Circle Island (Discover)

We did the LOST tour just 2 weeks ago and really loved it! We went with KOS on the 8 hour tour.The tour guide's name was even Ricardo (he said it was his real name). They took us all over the island, up the windward side to the North shore. We went in a very nice Nissan van, but not the Hummer. They played LOST music during the drive. I will be happy to answer any specific questions you may have.

We have not done an Island Circle tour to compare, but if you are a LOSTIE you will love the KOS tour.

Anniston, AL.
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: LOST Tour (Hawaiian Escapades) or Circle Island (Discover)

The Circle Island Tour was terrific. We saw many things we would not have seen just by renting a car. Roberts Tours did a first-rate job! I highly recommend it! If you are really lucky maybe you'll have Cousin Roy as your driver. He made the tour even more enjoyable.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,766 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LOST Tour (Hawaiian Escapades) or Circle Island (Discover)

I've been thinking about the LOST tour. I've already self-toured the LOST spots on the North Shore, and Byodo-in, that part is easy enough. I'd like to see the Kualoa Ranch part, which isn't accessible to the public. Does the LOST legends go there, or would I need to do a tour with the Ranch itself?

I'd also like to go to the lookout where they filmed the rope ladder to cave and Smocke/Flocke met his end, but I figure I could find that on my own.

Suggestions on best option?

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
27,323 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: LOST Tour (Hawaiian Escapades) or Circle Island (Discover)

"The Circle Island Tour was terrific. We saw many things we would not have seen just by renting a car. Roberts Tours did a first-rate job!"

With a rental car you can see exactly the same places as the Circle Island tour plus more.

With a tour, the driver does narrate.

Robert's is a good tour company, but you are better off renting a car even if just for one day. It is much more expensive for three people to take a tour rather than rent a car. Plus you can stop where you want & for as long as you want.

Driving tours, maps, North Shore, websites & more:

tripadvisor.com/AllReviews-g29222-Oahu_Hawai…

You could easily do the Lost Legends Tour one day & rent a car to tour the island a different day.

Edited: 10 July 2010, 23:56
Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
805 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LOST Tour (Hawaiian Escapades) or Circle Island (Discover)

for those who have done either of the tours, do they spend much time in the north shore or stop anywhere?

AZ
Level Contributor
185 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LOST Tour (Hawaiian Escapades) or Circle Island (Discover)

The Lost tour made lots of stops. They also had pictures from the series to show where you are and the vantage point. We walked the beaches, went to Kate and Sawyer's waterfall, and walked around the Other's Compound.

We made a lot of stops on the 8 hour tour.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: LOST Tour (Hawaiian Escapades) or Circle Island (Discover)

I did the Lost Tour with Hawaiian Escapades and really enjoyed it. I did a LONG review that can be found here. Feel free to read the whole thing ;) but the Lost tour part starts on page 2...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60982-i38-k344134…

At the end there are some pictures along with the screen shots from the show

About half the day is spent up on the North Shore. You visit 2 beaches (crash site & camp), go by a couple others, go to Waimea Valley (Kate & Sawyers waterfall), shrimp truck for lunch

holon israel
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: LOST Tour (Hawaiian Escapades) or Circle Island (Discover)

I prefer to rent a car,even if we shall miss some points that Roberts tour perform.

I am wandering whether it is possible to rent a car for one day and return before closing hours and yet circle the Island at ease.

Thank you for your assistance.

Dave

Houston, Texas
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: LOST Tour (Hawaiian Escapades) or Circle Island (Discover)

I am traveling to Honolulu in early September with my Mom who is 70. I being 30 REALLY want to do the 5 hour off-road Lost tour with KOS, but am worried that it will be too rough of a ride for her. She doesn't have any back or medical problems, but I am still worried.

My dream would be to take both the 5 hour Hummer and 8 hour Van, but that is not going to happen on my budget.

Do you have any opinions?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,416 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: LOST Tour (Hawaiian Escapades) or Circle Island (Discover)

AbacoGal, a couple of my friends did the 5 hour KOS tour in May, and they said that they were bounced all over the place, to the point that they and the other couple along with them were cracking up over it. My friend said that she thought it would be too much for most people in their seventies ... might not hurt them, but that they probably wouldn't enjoy it. Why don't you do the tour on your own, while your Mom enjoys something near/at your hotel for a few hours? I think you'd be back by 1:30 or so.