We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your top 3 lunch locations in and around Waikiki

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
89 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Your top 3 lunch locations in and around Waikiki

We won't have a car most of our time in Waikikil. We have had lots of dinner suggestions but I wonder what would be your top 3 lunch reccommendations in Waikiki area including Beach Walk and HHV areas. Also, doesn't have to be fancy (diners are okay)

Thanks for your reccommendations! Sally

New Jersey
Level Contributor
44 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your top 3 lunch locations in and around Waikiki

Two places we really enjoyed in Waikiki were Cheeseburger Beachwalk (second floor on the Beachwalk, duh) and Gyu Kaku, Japanese BBQ. Really fun and different (for us anyway).

Have fun whatever you decide.

Diane

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,282 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your top 3 lunch locations in and around Waikiki

My favorite lunch in Waikiki, is Joy's Special, at House without a Key. It's Crabmeat salad, lettuce, avocado, bacon and toasted brioche. Followed by Halekulani's famous Coconut Cake.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,237 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Your top 3 lunch locations in and around Waikiki

I'll take "Around Waikiki" for $200, Alex....

All just steps from Waikiki.

1. Rainbow Drive In, a unique dining experience at what many consider the top plate lunch joint in the islands. Good, inexpensive and plenty food. Just two short blocks inland from the diamond head end of Waikiki. A true local place that is not to be missed.

See;

http://www.rainbowdrivein.com/

2. McCully Shopping Center, just across the Ala Wai Canal from interior Waikiki. A wonderful collection of ethnic restaurants, one of Honolulu's real gems. All are good and inexpensive for lunch and dinner. I especially like the Korean place (So Gong Dong).

See:

http://www.mccullysc.com/page008.aspx

3. Makai Market at Ala Moana Center. Could be the world's best food court. Definitely worth the trip, with something for everyone and cheap.

See:

http://www.alamoanacenter.com/diningdirec.htm

Plus, Ala Moana has maybe 30 or 40 other places to eat.

In Waikiki? Me BBQ, a Korean BBQ in the Royal Grove Hotel off Kuhio Ave.

Edited: 29 July 2010, 23:34
Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
50,921 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your top 3 lunch locations in and around Waikiki

For lunch beach side, Duke's Barefoot Bar, Shore Bird Outrigger Reef and the House Without a Key.

For da kine local, Rainbow Drive-in or Zippy's (Kapahulu) and Wailana Coffee House.

Montana
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your top 3 lunch locations in and around Waikiki

Is Rainbow Drive-in easily walkable from Waikiki? I clicked on the link provided above and it shows it being a few blocks back from the canal. Wondering if it is an easy/safe walk.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
43,041 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your top 3 lunch locations in and around Waikiki

I like to go to King's Village to the Rock Island Cafe and get a real old fashioned Kona coffee milkshake!!

portland oregon
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Your top 3 lunch locations in and around Waikiki

Wailania coffee shop is the best place in honolu. We have been here since nov. And always share a dinner the servings are so large. Best kept secret in HI.

portland oregon
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Your top 3 lunch locations in and around Waikiki

Wailania coffee shop is the best place in honolu. We have been here since nov. And always share a dinner the servings are so large. Best kept secret in HI.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,237 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Your top 3 lunch locations in and around Waikiki

TSMT...

Walking to Rainbow is very easy. Flat, safe, well-lit, sidewalks, signalized intersections, the whole thing.

It is near a fire station and across the street from a public library and golf course. A very safe neighborhood 24/7.

If you are staying in the interior, central areas of Waikiki, it is a beautiful walk along the canal. If near the beach, walk down Kalakaua Ave to Kapahulu Ave and it is about six blocks inland.

Edited: 30 July 2010, 00:24
portland oregon
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Your top 3 lunch locations in and around Waikiki

Wailania coffee shop is the best in Honolulu.we have been here since Nov and like to eat here. We always share a dinner as they are so generous. BEST kept secret in HI.