We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking in waikiki

Which Honolulu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
parking in waikiki

where is the most affordable place to park in waikiki?

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,651 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: parking in waikiki

There's a metered lot down by the Zoo that is known as an inexpensive place to park. But wouldn't you prefer to be somewhere near your hotel?

-suze

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
43,824 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: parking in waikiki

Where are you staying? You'll want somewhere close to your hotel.

Also -- do a search, as the issue of economy parking comes up quite a bit.

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,503 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: parking in waikiki

What hotel are you staying at? How many nights?

Aston Waikiki Banyan $10/day if you are staying in a hotel on Diamond Head side of Waikiki.

travel-hawaii.com/waikiki_hotel_parking.html

You can park for free on Ala Wai Blvd. No problem finding a parking space prior to 4pm. After that, you would have to be lucky. If you are not lucky, then park at Waikiki Banyan.

Edited: 05 August 2010, 22:47
Blacklick, Ohio
Level Contributor
112 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: parking in waikiki

If you park on Ala Wai Blvd, can you leave the car there for a couple of days or does it have to be moved daily?

Blacklick, Ohio
Level Contributor
112 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: parking in waikiki

bump

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,503 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: parking in waikiki

You can park there 24 hours except:

It is closed Monday morning & Friday morning from 8:30am - noon for street cleaning. They are quick to tow cars left after 8:30am on those two days.

Other than those times, you can park for days at a time.

New York
Level Contributor
155 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: parking in waikiki

Thank you for the list of parking rates for hotels in the Waikiki area. This is immensely helpful.

I've never parked in a hotel I wasn't staying in. Is this not a problem? If the parking lot gets full, wouldn't this be a problem if I was a guest staying at the hotel and wanted to park my car there? Wouldn't management try to cap the number of "outsiders" who are trying to park in their garage without being a paid guest?

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,503 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: parking in waikiki

"I've never parked in a hotel I wasn't staying in. Is this not a problem? If the parking lot gets full, wouldn't this be a problem if I was a guest staying at the hotel and wanted to park my car there? Wouldn't management try to cap the number of "outsiders" who are trying to park in their garage without being a paid guest?"

You're right for most hotels.

Sheraton Princess Kaiulani Hotel, for example, puts out a "parking garage full" sign when it gets full to a point where there is only parking spaces left enough for hotel guests.

But Waikiki Banyan does not have a problem with their lot filling up.

Some of the hotels do not allow non-guests to use their parking structures (except for restaurant, spas, etc.).

But some do allow it including Waikiki Banyan.

Many hotel parking structures are not operated by the same company that manages the hotel. So you actually pay the parking attendant rather than put parking on your hotel bill in some cases even staying at the same hotel as the parking structure.

Virden, Mb.
Level Contributor
134 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: parking in waikiki

Where is the most affordable overnight parking near Ohana Waikiki West?

Pembroke Pines...
Level Contributor
62 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: parking in waikiki

Hope you don't mind me jumping in, but it seems relevant - - I've read a lot of good reviews about the $10 parking at Waikiki Banyan. Just wondering if non-hotel guests simply pay on a day-to-day basis, or if you're planning to be in HNL for a few days (guest at another hotel), do you arrange with them at that time for a pass entitling you to privileges for the duration of your stay?

And do you pay at the lot itself, or at lobby/concierge of the Banyan?

Thanks!