We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ox Tail soup

lwj
Norcal
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
333 reviews
Save Topic
Ox Tail soup

Read that the Side Street Inn makes Ox Tail Soup, but only once a week....

Which day of the week?

Are there other restaurants in the Honolulu area that have it on their menu that you would recommend?

tucson, AZ
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ox Tail soup

When we were there last November we had Oxtail Soup at Wild Ginger. We were in the area and we had a coupon from the Entertainment Book. Had the soup to start and then a couple of entrees. I don't remember it as a daily special or anything but you could probably look them up. Hope this helps.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
4,669 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ox Tail soup

Zippy's!

www.zippys.com/menu/menu.asp?id=classics

lwj
Norcal
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ox Tail soup

Thanks for the info.

Great to know of a few locations that I can try....

Any other places??

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ox Tail soup

I believe Wailana Coffehouse has it too, as well as Rainbow Drive In, both GREAT places to eat!!

lwj
Norcal
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ox Tail soup

Umaga,

Did not find Ox Tail Soup listed on Rainbow Drive In's menu online. Did you have it there or see it?

Could not find any menu for Wailana Coffeehouse listed online either...

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ox Tail soup

I've never had it at Rainbow Drive In, but I could have sworn I saw it on the menu, but I could be wrong. I haven't had it at Wailana Coffeehouse either, but I did see someone there eating it.

lwj
Norcal
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ox Tail soup

EUREKA, I found it!!!

After doing a web search, I found that the Kam Bowl Coffee Shop's Ox Tail Soup can be found at the Kapiolani Coffee Shop in the Waimalu Shopping Center in Aiea.... (Kam Bowl closed)

It can also be found at the Asahi Grill at 515 Ward Av.

Now I have another couple of places to check out on my next trip!

Edited: 30 August 2010, 00:04
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
10,441 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ox Tail soup

Asahi Grill Is fabulous ...

It is run by the same family that used to run the Kapiolani Coffee Shop, and they supposedly use the same legendary ox tail soup recipe.

Just know the place always seems packed. I can see the lot right out of my window.

9. Re: Ox Tail soup

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2011, 07:24