We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pearl Ridge shopping centre

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Pearl Ridge shopping centre

Is this worth going to, my daughter (14) is keen to check it out. How do we get there from waikiki,Thanks,

Carmen.

albany, n.y.
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pearl Ridge shopping centre

Just about everything there you can see at Ala Moana. Why trek there when you can shop closer to Waikiki for the same things.

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,733 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pearl Ridge shopping centre

True, just about everything there is also at Ala Moana. But, the Pearlridge is a lot less crowded, especially with tourists. Some GREAT places to eat there, as well as nearby.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
50,179 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pearl Ridge shopping centre

Umaga, ever seen PearlRidge on a weekend? Wall to wall people. Yes, it's true, most of what you see, you can see at Ala Moana. It is a really nice mall though and if you want to go, do it on a weekday.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
56,899 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pearl Ridge shopping centre

The only reason to go to Pearlridge over Ala Moana is that Patti's Chinese Kitchen is there since they closed the Ala Moana store.

South Pacific
Level Contributor
4,733 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pearl Ridge shopping centre

Come to think of it, I'm not sure if I've ever been there on a weekend. But regardless, it's still less crowded than Ala Moana, right?

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
28,120 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pearl Ridge shopping centre

No need to go to Pearlridge as Ala Moana Center has most of the same stores & more.

Mentioned in this post
Ala Moana Center
Ala Moana Center
2,541 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pearl Ridge shopping centre

We always rent a car when in Honolulu so we do often drop by Pearlridge and I quite like it. However, I definetly think a 14 year female would find Ala Moana a lot more appealing in terms of stores and things going on.

8. Re: Pearl Ridge shopping centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2011, 05:18