We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outrigger Catamaran Ride - Sunset Cruise

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Outrigger Catamaran Ride - Sunset Cruise

Has anyone done the sunset cruise with Outrigger Catamaran. We are staying at the Outrigger Reef next month, and I'm looking for suggestions for a sunset cruise.

Seattle
Level Contributor
44,933 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outrigger Catamaran Ride - Sunset Cruise

hopefully our regular poster Scot will check in. I've read his recommendations specifically for this catamaran cruise in the past.

-suze

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outrigger Catamaran Ride - Sunset Cruise

Longboard is another regular here that knows his catamaran stuff :)

He just gave me this link for a great sunset sail...

www.leahi.com

I'm sure that he'll chime in too!

Edited: 03 September 2010, 19:51
Dallas
Level Contributor
22,935 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outrigger Catamaran Ride - Sunset Cruise

We have frequently done the sunset catamaran sail on the NaHoku over the years and always enjoyed that.

Captain Krash and his crew are always fun and the crowd on the boat range from calm to fairly rowdy. Never been a problem but young kids might not be right some of the time.

We make reservations for the sunset cruise because they sometimes get fairly full but never really had a problem going when we wanted to.

I'm sure the other boats are fun as well. We have just gotten in the habit of taking that boat.

laguna niguel, ca
Level Contributor
7,324 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outrigger Catamaran Ride - Sunset Cruise

Yes we have tried the Outrigger. Its more like a racing boat, so it sails good but not the greatest seating. It gets a lot of return patrons from the reef. Their big thing is they serve the best drinks, the 'rigger' pretty good in a large cup. They also can give pretty good service when Rabbit is working. They are a tad more expensive but have some discount coupons floating around the activitiy magazines.

Calgary
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outrigger Catamaran Ride - Sunset Cruise

I did the sunset cruise a couple years ago, as well as the snorkel cruise last year with Outrigger. If I recall correctly, they're the only cat that allows passengers on the net ( ?? ), loads of fun, it's probably the catarmaran I'd go with.

T

Soddy Daisy...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Outrigger Catamaran Ride - Sunset Cruise

Check out YouTube videos of Outrigger Catamaran. You'll see people having a great time. We always enjoy the experience.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
45,146 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Outrigger Catamaran Ride - Sunset Cruise

Take a sweatshirt. I'm not kidding.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
154 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Outrigger Catamaran Ride - Sunset Cruise

We rode on the kepoikai last year and it was fun but the mai tais were horrible! Tasted like some sort of cheap mix or something - not real juice. They didn't offer wine or I would have had that. Couldn't finish one of those mai tais. Some people brought their own wine on board. One of the waiters at Chuck's Restaurant recommended the NaHoku so maybe we'll try that next time.

Summerside, Canada
Level Contributor
447 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Outrigger Catamaran Ride - Sunset Cruise

I was just wondering what the washroom facilities were like.

I had heard that on one of the boats you had to go down a "man hole" to use it. How's this one, they say they have 2 on board.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
154 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Outrigger Catamaran Ride - Sunset Cruise

Sorry but we didn't use the washroom on board.